ASUS Lamborghini VX1

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
What do you get when you place a huge computer manufacturer in a blender with an Italian automobile powerhouse? One great looking laptop! Does it prove to be as fast as the cars it mimics?

You can read the full review here and discuss it here.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Wow! That's a very impressive laptop! I love the styling. When closed the notebook looks exactly like the Countache hood. Slight slope with an air duct.

As stated, the speed definitely is in tune with the looks and inspiration. The Core Duos are very, very impressive processers, and makes sense that one is included. It's good to see the system backed by a beefy set of ram, and decent video card. Although slated as a "media" notebook, It looks as though a good bit of gaming wouldn't be out of the question.

I'm no "fan boy" of notebooks, but I'd sport this one any day. Hell.. I don't even have a reason to own one, but I like what I see.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oh man... I caught that error and meant to iron it out before publishing.

Sorry, and thanks for reminding me!

Kilamon

E.M.I.
One wonders how you obtained the PC for testing/review? Did you purchase this?

Also, I can't help but ponder how Lamborghini would allow the laptop to be sold with it's name on it and not be the uberest thing on your lap. Having said that, why isn't the screen in widescreen, and why isn't the whole thing covered in the same finish as the top? The mouse doesn't even match. It all seems a little half-assed if you ask me.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
One wonders how you obtained the PC for testing/review? Did you purchase this?

Also, I can't help but ponder how Lamborghini would allow the laptop to be sold with it's name on it and not be the uberest thing on your lap. Having said that, why isn't the screen in widescreen, and why isn't the whole thing covered in the same finish as the top? The mouse doesn't even match. It all seems a little half-assed if you ask me.

No I didn't buy it... it was a review sample.

"Also, I can't help but ponder how Lamborghini would allow the laptop to be sold with it's name on it and not be the uberest thing on your lap."

The thing is... it has 2GB of ram, and one of the fastest mobile CPUs going right now. In that regard, it is a Lambogrhini. Anything higher would be going into Mclaren F1 territory ;-)

I agree with you for the most part though.

J

Jayne C

Thanks for providing such a fantastic, comprehensive review of this sexy, sexy laptop! :)

I got a sneak peek of the new VX2 as well, but as the VX2 made it debut here in Australia, the VX1 came with a $1k price drop, and updated OS to Windows Vista. It was therefore an offer I couldn't refuse, so I am now a proud owner of the VX1.

Personally, I agree with the most of what has been said here about Vista, mainly the fact that I can't find anything because all the configuration & settings have moved, and it takes a ridiculous time to load anything. I've also had a ridiculous time trying to make the wireless internet work/connect - no one has been able to help me because noone uses Vista!

But this is definitely a laptop that will turn heads, and the specs are some that will smash most other laptops out there on the market.

The VX1 laptop bag has been updated to a leather Targus branded one (still with Lamborghini badging), and the mouse is the same one as shown for the VX2.

K

KDrive

VX1 Display Card Upgrade

Great that the VX2 is just out...! But, unfortunately my parents gifted me the VX1 just 2 weeks before the release of the VX2.

I am happy, really if you ask me. A black shining Lamborghini is what I needed. But then again, I am a gamer and the only thing that pulls me back on this is the GeForce 7400, I want to add some beef to it.

Maybe get the 7700 or whatever is the best available in the market right now. I can spend the money, coz the rest was a gift. So my budget is kinda open. Any suggestions???