ASUS Holding 'Formula X' Computer Enthusiast Event this Weekend

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If you live in or around the Sunnyvale, California area, then the place to be this coming weekend is Frys, where ASUS and a bevvy of sponsors are holding what the company touts as being a "Computer Enthusiast" event. Unlike a traditional "overclocking event" or "LAN", ASUS has combined those two things together and tossed in case modding for good measure. Are there prizes? Oh yeah, there are prizes.

asus_rog_event_formula_x_062011.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Well, since nobody else wants to do it I guess I'll be the one to step up and taken one for the team. Rob, I humbly request that you send me to California to cover this event. No, no. It's fine. I did have a lot of things to do but since I'm the only one that takes this seriously I'll go...but you owe me one.

I'll be by later to pick up some gear.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Optix you beet me to it! *snaps his fingers* darn it! Wait a MINUTE! I live in Cali, I'll meet you there. (c;

Seriously that's only like a few hour's away from where I live, doing like 120 or so. lol

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Optix you beet me to it! *snaps his fingers* darn it! Wait a MINUTE! I live in Cali, I'll meet you there. (c;

Seriously that's only like a few hour's away from where I live, doing like 120 or so. lol

It's events like these that make me wish I lived in Cali. Nothing so epic ever happens here!

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Not true. Remember the time...well, remember when...umm, there was that...

Damn it. This place sucks.

“Canada is like a loft apartment over a really great party!” - Robin Williams

Who wants to come to Cali for the great parties? :D

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member