ASUS EN9600GT Silent 512MB

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Looking for excellent gaming performance but also want to keep PC noise to a minimum? The EN9600GT Silent from ASUS is the card to buy. It couples the power of the 9600 GT with pure silence, and costs little more than the stock model, making it a great choice for either the HTPC or desktop.

You can read the full article right here and discuss it here!

linnerd40

Obliviot
This card looks crazy nice. It seems to be the first passively cooled design that actually looks good! I may consider buying this some time to upgrade from my rather sad 6200... I think the improvement would be quite nice :) don't you think? :D

It's also worth mentioning that the card currently has a $20 rebate at newegg, giving it a very affordable $135 price tag.

Do you think this card would fit in a Raidmax Smilodon case? I have never really gotten a feel for the bulk of these things...

Another great review from techgage.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
That will be one heck of an upgrade. Like I said... I love this card, and I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but the 9600 GT doesn't seem to get the recognition it deserves. Being able to run almost any game at 2560x1600 speaks to its value.

As for not mentioning a specific deal, I don't like to do that as they pass so fast, and I would never remember to go back and edit the review.

K

Komrade Kaos

Thanks for the review of the Asus EN9600GT Silent. I've been following this card with great interest and I hoped that someone would use testing methods that were a little more empirical. Your testing did just that. I am building a SFF rig with an Intel DG33TL, Q9550, and Seagate 500GB HDD and a Seasonic S12(430W) PSU, 4GB of DDR 2 Ram and Vista 32. Finally I am going to stuff all of this in a Lian Li V300 chassis. My major concern was with the graphic card and monitor choices.

Thanks to your review I now know that the Asus card will run a 30" LCD panel and that I won't be totally miffed in my attempts to play major game titles. Thanks again for an enjoyable review. I would like to inquire if you have knowledge about Asus other 9600GT offering the Matrix Hybrid. It would seem that this beauty won't be seen on our shores, at least in the forseeable future...but you can't deny this is another compelling card that many of us are chomping at the bit to get acquainted with.