ASUS Eee PC 1008HA Seashell review coming soon...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Last month, I posted a link to ASUS' clever marketing campaign for the Eee PC Seashell, and I'm pleased to say we'll have a review up for it next week. So far, there are two versions, the 1008HA and 1005HA, but both are similar in overall design. The latter promises incredible battery-life, though, and also features some updated software (we'll be reviewing the 1008HA).

Why's it called a Seashell? Well, as you can see by the side-view photo below, that's pretty much how it was meant to be designed. The design is clean and almost features a mirror symmetry, so if you pick it up without looking, the bottom almost feels like the top (if you grab it be the front center, at least).

The design doesn't stray MUCH from the more recent Eee PC's a great deal, but I have to admit, I really like it. When I first saw the Seashell, and as I commented in the above thread, I didn't care for it. But now that I've seen it in person, I change my mind. It's a really, really sweet looking netbook.

Like most other netbooks out there, this one features 1GB of RAM, the Atom N280 (1.66GHz), a 160GB hard drive (+10GB online storage), a 1.3 megapixel webcam, a VGA connector, 2x USB, 1x LAN, audio connectors and up to six hours battery-life. The price? $425 at Newegg currently. The weight? 2.42lbs. Gotta love light mobile computing!

Here's a few teaser pics to hold you over to our review:

Attachments

• asus_eee_seashell_01.jpg
    asus_eee_seashell_01.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 492
  • asus_eee_seashell_03.jpg
    asus_eee_seashell_03.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 526
  • asus_eee_seashell_06.jpg
    asus_eee_seashell_06.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 514