ASUS Eee PC 1000HA Netbook

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
With a countless number of netbooks available, we're looking to see if the originator of them all still has what it takes to deliver a model that's both affordable, and complete with the features we're after. The 1000HA lacks the Bluetooth and Draft n of the 1000H, but still retains the same great looks, along with killer battery-life.

You can read the full review here and discuss it here.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Ordered one from Newegg today, it will be here Monday.
I have researched enough and decided it was what I needed in the field.

Great Review

Last edited:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Ahh, pulled the trigger huh? Let us know how you like it man, I'm curious!
What I WAS using was a Compaq 2200 for work, I got about 55 minutes on one battery charge,
With the same Eee in the revue, I get 5 hours.
Also the built in WiFi, I pick up 7 to 8 wireless connections as opposed to 2 or 3 on the Compaq.
Since 03/31/09, at work, Everyone seeing MY Netbook, 5 other techs have gone the same route, one went with MSI and you can see the difference in screen quality, Asus being better.
I have an external optical drive at home, but in the field I don't need to load programs while at work.
I use several thumb drives, mainly a 4 gig thumb to save work and transfer back into the manager's machine at the office.
Netbooks at work, are getting popular, thier size and long battery life are the key advantages.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I just may up the ram, comes with one gig and the price for 2 gig is right around 25.00, so why not?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
To be honest, I think that upgrade would be WELL worth it... I mean, it's $20. How can you go wrong? That's one the beefs I had with the N10 that I took to CES. It was a solid netbook, but I found the 1GB of RAM to be somewhat lacking (although to be fair, it's really hard for me to tell whether that was a CPU limitation or not).

Let me know if you find a real performance difference by moving to 2GB. I have a feeling Windows XP will be a little friendlier to either configuration than the bloated KDE 4.x I was running.