ASUS EAX1950PRO 256MB

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If you are looking for a card around the $200 mark, then be sure to see the performance of the X1950PRO first! This particular card retails for less than the 7900GT in which it competes, but which takes the top spot?

You can read the full review here and discuss it here.

U

Unregistered

Your graphs are really lame, seriously. Who in their sane mind uses logaritmic scales for the y-axis??

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I do?

That was actually a mistake regardless, I didn't notice it until you mentioned it.

U

Unregistered

Maybe use some diff. colours to diff. the bars also. Seems
to be a common problem with many review. Otherwise a good review.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I will experiment with colors in the next review. I personally liked the orange ones.. I may have been the only one. I'm glad this has come up. I just don't want to use colors that make the graphs even uglier than they are.

I'll see what I can do...

Y

york576

noise levels

can you comment on the noise levels this card produce ?

thanx good job

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I no longer have the card to verify, but I recall the card being very, very quiet as are most with that type of cooler. If it was louder than normal I would have mentioned it, but I don't believe it was. Sorry I don't recall any more than that.

U

Unregistered

ccdarkness

Hello ... I'm thinking on buying a new video card. now i own leadtek 6600gt.. i was looking for a 7600gt extreme from leadtek because i only used nvidia based cards ... but now i'm thinking to buy EAX1950PRO ... anyone can tell me wich one is better??? Leadtek 7600GT Extreme (256ddr3/128bit) or EAX1950PRO (256/256)...

U

Unregistered

aham ...

10x ...

& what about compatibility? i'm running vista. and i never used ATI based cards before :) so i need a little help here ...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Currently, ATI has better Vista support than NVIDIA. I don't regularly use Vista (since I hate it) so I can't really comment much more than that. ATI is just known to have better support.

U

Unregistered

10x then ... now i read some articles & i see the diffrence between 1950&7600...and now i'm waiting for an answer from one possible seller .. i found used EAX1950PRO@aprox 190$ ... in stores it is like 250$ (here in romania) .. so i hope i can buy it!

10x for help