ASUS EAH3850 Trinity - three GPUs with one card

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
This thing might be a single card solution for those of you looking to up your performance a little................;)

I'd give one of these a run if I could.............:eek: The water cooling quality is a bit questionable though, sort of looks like a TT unit, but easy enough to connect to my loop.

We knew that CrossFireX would bring new multi-GPU setups, but we did not expect anyone to actually use more than two cores with a single card. ASUS proved us wrong, as EAH3850 Trinity is a tri-core card. It has three RV670 cores cooled by a heatpipe construction and a water block, all in a single card. The card is still just a concept and it hasn't been decided when or if it will be released, however we do know that it works. When benchmarks with the card will surface remains to be seen, but keep an eye open the upcoming weeks.

http://www.nordichardware.com/news,7543.html

Attachments

• image3.php.jpeg
    image3.php.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 586
  • image31.php.jpeg
    image31.php.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 584
  • image32.php.jpeg
    image32.php.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 612
  • image33.php.jpeg
    image33.php.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 597
Last edited:

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Yup, I thought so..........;)

And seeing as it uses 3850 cores, it really should be that expensive and the performance should be right up there as well.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's an interesting concept, but we are dealing with three 3850's here. For what this would cost, it would be more reasonable to pick up a 9800 GX2 which would kick its ass.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
I really don't see it costing near as much as a GX2, but I might be wrong. The stock water cooling is going to add to the overall cost, that's a given. And they also don't mention what size or type of memory is on the card, but by looking at the pics and heatsinks, its either 3 x 256 or 3 x 512.................;) All this would add to the price.

werty316

Partition Master
Interesting concept and it would be neat to see how it performs if it ever hits the market.

512MB would probably be the smarter choice.

A $300-400 pricetag sounds about right.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I can't see this costing less than a 3870X2, otherwise I'd more than completely agree with ya Sbrehm!

Production costs are very high, and (assuming it launches) since it will be such a limited production run those costs are going to stay very high. Of course if AMD cuts prices any more, I could be wrong...

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
I think AMD will be chopping prices on their GPU's, just like it did on its CPU's.

Its going to be a GPU price war this time around.

But they need to dump that cheap water cooling and let the end user pick the option.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Don't dump water cooling. If it's a lousy setup then give it a good one.

That's what I'm sayingdump the junk or at least give a better option..............;)

I've run TT water cooling before, its about average at best, something like that is going to need much better to bring out the max performance...............:eek:

But you'd more than likely be stuck with the block its self cause I don't really see any major block maker bring out something for so few cards, but you never know, Danger Den already has blocks out for the 3870X2.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
That's what I'm sayingdump the junk or at least give a better option..............;)

I've run TT water cooling before, its about average at best, something like that is going to need much better to bring out the max performance...............:eek:

But you'd more than likely be stuck with the block its self cause I don't really see any major block maker bring out something for so few cards, but you never know, Danger Den already has blocks out for the 3870X2.
Okay.....
If I wanted to build a system with water cooling.....
what would be a good setup?
For LGA 775 quad CPU
Northbridge on a EVGA 780i mobo
And 8800GT superclocked video card

Just an opinion....I may do that soon..still thinking about it

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I think the novelty of this thing would increase the price drastically... it seems to be that it's more of a concept than anything.

I'm really interested to see if this goes anywhere. If it does, then cool. It will keep things interesting, and make our GPU purchasing decisions evermore difficult!