ASUS Commando

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
ASUS has been on a roll with their RoG line of motherboards. Their third installment, Commando, looks to impress enthusiasts with the help of Intels P965 chipset. How does this board stack up against others, and is it worthy of the Republic of Gamers name?

You can read the full review here and discuss it here!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
This is something that should have been included in the review.

With the February 7th BIOS update (version 0803), the Commando can now operate with CPUs using the 1333 FSB.

Get it here...

U

Unregistered

Problem board for me (CPU INIT)

ASUS has been on a roll with their RoG line of motherboards. Their third installment, Commando, looks to impress enthusiasts with the help of Intels P965 chipset. How does this board stack up against others, and is it worthy of the Republic of Gamers name?

You can read the full review here and discuss it here!

My friend Ted and I, each bought this board. We set it up last night for a bare bones start up, and all I got was a cpu init off the lcd, nothing else, no fans, nothing. We are using kingston ram (677), Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4g, Diablotek ATI X800GTO 256MB PCI Express Video Card w/TV-Out, logitech usb kb and mouse (nothing fancy). with a 500 watt PSU (the suspect).

With the same set up my board did the same thing, cpu init but nothing else. 2 boards showing the same problem.

Could it be the 500 watt power supply that's preventing it from starting up? Don't know, going to find out this afternoon with purchase of a 1000 watt Thermaltek psu.

What makes me nervous is, Asus never answers my emails for help (vip member pfft), and it seems many many many others have suffered this. Some with no resolve. It also seems they're asked Asus for help and never got any.

What are your thoughts on this?