ASUS builds their own PC!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/03/eyes-on-asus-first-gaming-desktop-ares-cg6150/

ASUS are not ones to leave any market untouched, so a full-fledged gaming box was never something we didn't expect to see happen. As it happens, the machine looks incredibly beefy and its innards are sure to match. As will the price.

I've never been a fan of ASUS' chassis in the past, but this one just screams "BACK OFF!"... and for that alone, it deserves respect.

Attachments

• arescimg1592--cg6150-440.jpg
    arescimg1592--cg6150-440.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 531

MacMan

Partition Master
Hmmmm......

http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/03/eyes-on-asus-first-gaming-desktop-ares-cg6150/

ASUS are not ones to leave any market untouched, so a full-fledged gaming box was never something we didn't expect to see happen. As it happens, the machine looks incredibly beefy and its innards are sure to match. As will the price.

I've never been a fan of ASUS' chassis in the past, but this one just screams "BACK OFF!"... and for that alone, it deserves respect.

Hmmmmm.... it certainly looks different, I will give you that, but, to be honestly frank - I'm not sure I like it? I don't know, it kind of looks like some helmet that you would find on Robo Cop or something? But, apart from that, I'm sure it is a fine PC, as Asus is great company.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
That's the thing... ASUS designs have not always been ideal for the US market. I am not a fan of this design, but know some people who would be. Since it's designed over in Taiwan, perhaps that audience is the one who will gobble it up the most.

That aside, I haven't liked any of ASUS' chassis in the past, but as far as that goes, this is certainly the best.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Relayer beat me to it! I was going to say it reminded me of a cross between Shredder/Cylon or maybe Transformers/Cylon...