Assassin's Creed II delayed on PC

gibbersome

Coastermaker
Read it and weep guys,

The PC version of Assassin's Creed to has been delayed to Q1 2010. The console versions are still on track for November 17th.

Ubisoft has announced that the PC version of Assassin's Creed 2 has been delayed until early next year, because the publisher says that the title needs some more work to deliver the same quality experience for computer gamers. However, the game is still set to come out in November for consoles and the iPhone.

Ubisoft's announcement came via its Twitter account: "Assassin’s Creed 2 PC has moved to the first quarter of 2010. A bit more time for the dev team to deliver the best quality game to you." No word on exactly what the quality issues are, or why they're only affecting the PC release instead of other system builds, but hopefully the game will be bug-free when it comes out next year.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/09/quality-issues-delay-assassins-creed-2-on-pc-to-2010.ars

This is one of two titles that I was really excited for this fall. The other being Dragon Age: Origins and it still seems to be on track for November 3rd.

It's a little upsetting because Ubisoft basically has admitted that the PC version needs more development time, rather than a bit of optimizing. They have not even put out a concrete date for the PC release. I miss the days when developers focused on one platform instead of spreading themselves too thin.

gibbersome

Coastermaker
the first one was soo buggy and crashy i hated it....hope this one is better!

You're right, they did a poor job with the PC version last time.

But there was a reason behind it as well (or so I've heard). The first Assassin's Creed for the PC was leaked 6 weeks before official release. The leaked version intentionally had a bug that made the game crash, a bug they took out in the final version. Sounds a little far fetched, but it's true.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6195570.html

The sequel has great visuals, better mission variety and a new way of storytelling. Ubisoft has this idea that games and movies will merge as one entertainment medium in some distant future and wanted to Assassin's Creed 2 to unfold like a movie where you can take control of the main character. I think it's kinda neat. So the sequences that they've shot are done with cinematic flair. Take a look at this trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVWhWsgHzKM

What do you think? :)

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
i think they're going MGS(Metal Gear Solid)...lol! half the game is cinematics and half is gameplay!

Altrus

Coastermaker
So now both Bioshock 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 are coming out AFTER Christmas.....what am I suppose to do during winter break....:(

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
So now both Bioshock 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 are coming out AFTER Christmas.....what am I suppose to do during winter break....:(

Dragon Age: Origins......erm........Modern Warfare 2..........and............... Risen..........:D