Asking for a PSP

Muddy

Obliviot
Ok for christmas i am going to ask for a PSP,Since my parents just got divorced. My dad now has a beach house, with wireless internet (same with at home [moms house], so the internet connection thing will be awsome. I researched the psp and I am 100% sure that I will enjoy playing it. The last system that I have (not pc) is n64.

So my question is what accessories and games should i get? I have done some research and found these games

PSP Burnout Legends
PSP SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo
PSP Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
I am pretty sure I am going to ask for those, (any other games to recomend?)

and for accessories
SanDisk SDMSG-1024-A10 1 GB MemoryStick Pro Duo Gaming Yellow
Playgear Street - Carrying Case Hands-free Design for 3 Styles
Hori SONY PSP Protective Filter Portable Screen guard Lens Scratch resistant

These are the best accessories I have seen, also do I need to get a USB cable or can i transmit data wirelessly from computer?

Also some people have said that the screen guard isnt needed, but i want to protect the screen. :)

tomato

Obliviot
Games:
- Lumines (this game is digital crack, I kid you not)
- Wipeout Pure (old school racing here)
- Twisted Metal: Head Oh (back in time to TM2 gameplay, which was the best in the series IMO)

Accessories:
- a bigger Memory Stick Pro Duo (32MB IS NOT enough for anything, 512MB stick as a minimum)
- Logitech Playgear Pocket (the BEST protective case for PSP)
- some sort of screen protector (the PSP is VERY prone to dust and/or scratches)
- Car charger (if you tend to go on road trips, it helps)
- USB cable to connect PSP to PC (standard cable & hook up, if you have a digital camera, check its cable first too see if connections are the same)

PSP Value Pack gives you a flimsy carrying case and useless carrying strap, some ok headphones (why are they white when PSP is black? stupid iPod), too small 32MB Memory Stick Pro Duo, a microfibre cleaning cloth for the screen, and a PSP game (mostly just Gretzky hockey, other games packages have been sold out for a while). First 1 million PSP's also came with Spider-Man 2 UMD film (which I received :) )

There was a limited edition PSP Giga Pack around Christmas time, but I'm pretty sure it's long gone now. It came with above items, plus 1GB Memory Stick Pro Duo and a USB cable to connect PSP to PC.

zachig

Obliviot
I presonally don't like the PSP that much. But hey, it you like it, go for it, choose the gaes that really make you feel good and makes you play them all the time. And most important, enjoy your gaming. ;)

Jakal

Tech Monkey
I really don't see spending almost $300 for a handheld gaming device. A console, yeah that's different. I'd rather get something that I can watch on a large tv than something I've got to squint to see. Nothing against you or Sony but I'll go PS3 before buying a PSP. I don't see why companies are making psp movies. Who wants to watch a movie on such a small screen? Sometimes I think people buy this stuff just to say they can.
The DS is almost half the price with a lot of great games and a dual screen. Sony's major competitor as well. I don't own one and don't plan on it but if I had a choice I'd choose the DS.

Well anyway, hope you get what you want and enjoy it!