Are TechGage web pages loading slowly?

BoySCouT

E.M.I.
It is just me or does it seem like it takes longer than normal to load between web pages on the site? I experienced the same thing on my school network that has a 1.5 MB T-1 line. Just curious. Thanks.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Is anyone else having this problem? The site loads fine for me... pings are in check as well. I've rebooted some of the server resources, so that might help if there was a problem.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Is anyone else having this problem? The site loads fine for me... pings are in check as well. I've rebooted some of the server resources, so that might help if there was a problem.
Same here....no problems
He must have some programs running in background or connection problems

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I was having problems with Firefox for the past few days, so I was unsure if my results were accurate, but I re-installed it today and things are loading very fast, so I am thinking it might just be your connection BoySCouT.

BoySCouT

E.M.I.
I think that it's my X64 Internet Explorer browser, my X32 Internet Explorer doesn't do it. Sorry for the alarm! I have the X64 vista and not everyone wants to play with 64 bit, namely flash player.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Quick question: Why do they call 32 bit x86 instead of x32? Just curious.
32 bit is the same architexture as all previous OS
64 bit is just twice the bits
And I'm on the 64 bit Win Vista Ultimate machine and see no slow page changes....works fine on 32 bit and 64 bit

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
x86 processors are not called x32 because, unlike x64, x86 refers to the x86 instruction set, not the number of bits. The 8088, for example, was a 16-bit processor, but was still considered an x86 chip.

EM64T = Intel 64 = AMD64 = x64

We use "x64" because it sums up most 64-bit processors from both AMD and Intel (except Itanium... that's IA-64 and is not x86-64 compatible).

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
If you are on a router, then upgrade the firmware.
There are some DOCSIS 2 changes, end of year more changes

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Not sure about DSL providers, but cable companies have the ability to update people's routers and reboot them from their HQ.

This is especially true of Time Warner Cable, they lock users out of their routers...