Anyone using Opera?

moon111

Coastermaker
I was absolutely loving Firefox ever since it came out. I'm not sure what happened, but Firefox started giving me all kinds of problems after one of the updates and it never worked right afterwards. I even found myself using *gasp* IE. Came across a reference to Opera which I hadn't tried in a long time. Now I'm finding it my browser of choice. Why is it I fall in products that aren't dominating the market?

Enigmachine

Obliviot
Because people are idiots. :)

If the majority of people are idiots, they will use the product that is most marketed, not the best product.

Therefore if you're using something that nobody elses uses, it probably means you're a genius. :)

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Because people are idiots. :)

If the majority of people are idiots, they will use the product that is most marketed, not the best product.

Therefore if you're using something that nobody elses uses, it probably means you're a genius. :)

did you say ipod?
i love my sansa e260...

On the browser note. Wii use opera. [sic]

MacMan

Partition Master
Like you, I find Opera to be a great browser. Since my main OS is OSX Tiger, I find Omniweb to be the best of the best, even though Safari is now my main browser. I like the private browsing feature and since it is based on Konquer it is very stable.

Shiira, the new open source Japanese browser, would be better, but it is still a little unstable at this point, but oh, oh, so KOOL! (http://hmdt-web.net/shiira/en)

Also, like you, I find Firefox to be running poorer since upgrading to the latest version. Previously it was my main browser in Tiger and Ubuntu.

As for Explorer...... ARE YOU KIDDING!

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Internet Explorer is ridiculous... IE7 was supposed to be an improvement, but I just want to pull out my hair when I use it. I refuse to update it on fresh XP installs.

That aside, Firefox does seem to be getting sluggish for me, but I have a feeling it's because I have carried over my profile with each new installation... one that's been around since before 1.0.

Sapientun

Obliviot
Opera is a pretty good software, but I find its preferences menus are a bit restrictive at first sight. It's fairly fast and it's nice that it became a freeware.

I would use it, but seeing as Maxthon has the wonderful "Super Drag Drop" feature I'm sticking with the latter. ;)

Firefox, geez, loading times were terrible for me when I save my opened tabs to be loaded again on next startup, either by the Save Session plugin or the homepage trick.