Anyone using BlueTooth Headphones?

GeekGirl

Obliviot
I'm just wondering if anyone is using BlueTooth headphones and how you rate them? By headphones I mean - wireless, covers your ears completely, blocks out other noise, etc.

I've heard that there are cross-signal issues since there are only 5 or so 'channel' settings to choose from, which means if more than 5 people in an office have the same headset, well, guess you listen to someone else's music.

Just wondering if anyone has had good bad or ugly experiences with them.
Thanks!

Geek Girl

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I have known many people who have used Bluetooth headsets/phones, but none of them ever expected mindblowing quality for them. I could be wrong, but in the past, I have found it difficult to find Bluetooth headphones that were actually comfortable looking. Many just simply cover the ears and that's it.

I remember my friend had a wireless pair of headphones, but I am not sure whether they were Bluetooth or not. I wish I could remember what they were..

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Unfortunatly, I have not but I have my eye on a set or two. I would love to take a set for a spin and see how it is without a damned cord hanging down.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I havent seen or tried on a pair to date that provides teh quality of a normal headset... :( I like my music like I like women; highquality but loud wild and fast ;)

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
madstork91 said:
I havent seen or tried on a pair to date that provides teh quality of a normal headset... :( I like my music like I like women; highquality but loud wild and fast ;)

Perhaps wild and certainly fast but loud?

Jag

Obliviot
madstork91 said:

That is pretty much my experience (and preference) as well. I've tried a logitech set (I think) and they were completely functional. They did lack some bass but they filled the need for wireless headphones.

rstopher

Obliviot
Sony Ericsson

I've been using the Sony HBH-DS205 headphones for about a year now and have had no problems, the sound quality is excellent and they last about two days without a charge,

Sony just brought our the HBH-IS800 headphones which i think look wicked, really really simple. I'd strongly recommend these to the over ear ones available on the market, there allot more discreet.

Sony Ericsson Stereo Bluetooth Headphones HBH-DS205
Sony Ericsson Stereo Bluetooth Headphones HBH-IS800

spenstar

Obliviot
I just got the Motorola S9 Blue tooth headset and have been unable to get my phone to play MP3's or audio through the headset. Works fine for making calls. Cingular and Motorola have been unable to help me. :p

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I just got the Motorola S9 Blue tooth headset and have been unable to get my phone to play MP3's or audio through the headset. Works fine for making calls. Cingular and Motorola have been unable to help me. :p

Gotta love that. There's a good reason I shun Bluetooth headphones, and this is as good a reason as any to add to the pile ;-)