anyone figured out the secrete to the Q6600 and the asus p5n e sli overclock?

linv5800

Obliviot
anyone figured out the secrete to the Q6600 and the asus p5n e sli overclock? with good results ? i cant get better than 2.7 .. any help would be great !

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Please do not listen to THUMPer. While voltage can help, it's best to increase it, if needed, little by little. For starters, what settings are you working with? What works at 2.7 GHz and what doesn't work for you?

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Your first step is to be sure that the following items are disabled.

CPU Thermal Control
C1E Enhance Halt State
Intel Speedstep

CPU Spread Spectrum to Disable
HT Spread Spectrum to Disable
PCIe Spread Spectrum(SPP) to Disable
PCIe Spread Spectrum(MCP) to Disable
SATA Spread Spectrum to Disable

http://www.nvidia.com/docs/CP/45121/nforce_680i_sli_overclocking.pdf

Here's a link to Nvidias OC'ing guide for the 680i boards, the only real difference between the 680i and yours is that they have a few more features, but the OC'ing part is basicly the same. This is the same guide that I use for my record setting run on my old MSI 650i board, so its good info.

I have the same mobo as you, and all I had to do was raise the FSB and boom. But then again I don't have the same cpu as you.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
You might have an older Q6600 that doesn't overclock too well. Download CPU-Z and see if the revision is "G0"... if it is, then you should be able to go higher.

I loved the P5N-E board... it was one of the few "budget" offerings I've come across that have been so superb for overclocking. However, I do recall it being horrible towards memory overclocking, so definitely make sure that you are not inadvertently overclocking your memory by accident.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
You might have an older Q6600 that doesn't overclock too well. Download CPU-Z and see if the revision is "G0"... if it is, then you should be able to go higher.

I loved the P5N-E board... it was one of the few "budget" offerings I've come across that have been so superb for overclocking. However, I do recall it being horrible towards memory overclocking, so definitely make sure that you are not inadvertently overclocking your memory by accident.
Yup " G1 " is the latest and kicking butt taking names

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage: