Any Anti-Virus software out there better than AVG

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
OK, I am getting viruses and I am getting even more pissed off. I am quite certain that my cogeco.ca email address let them in since I don't go to bad places and I don't download stuff other than drivers and such. I have been getting emails quite regularly lately that are not even to my email address, THANKS COGECO!!!! Anyhow, I am running Vista 64. Are there any better suites than AVG? Even if I have to pay, I absolutely cannot handle the idea of having a virus ever. I already did away with my cogeco email account now I need to be certain my PC is safe. I also set my internet security levels and windows firewall to max as well. I have also seen a few things about a Linux firewall OS that can be installed on an old PC, is that worth the trouble? I have an old P3 PC just collecting dust that sounds like it would be perfect for that. Suggestions?

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I am running Vista 64

Not that microsoft would put something out there that wouldnt be as secure as possible... but...

Your problem at this time might be finding something that is for windows vista, and worth it.

I assume that would be something in the works asap... You know, as the general public makes the transition unwittingly.

Er... I mean... Upgrades their pc and os needs to the "next level" of performance.

Bottom line, low quantity of product, at this time, respectively, is creating a sort of low population niche market for something along these lines. layman's? Transitions are a bitch.

There will also be a growing number of viruses, trojans, and spyware software written to be vista specific as the vista transition progresses.

how to wrap this up... how indeed?

Vista sux.

Edit: http://www.microsoft.com/protect/viruses/vista/av.mspx

which ones of those are updated and ready for the service pack? Iunno. Good luck though, its a crazy world out there. ;-p

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The best anti-virus is not using the computer at all... or keeping loved-ones off of it ;-)