Antec SOLO

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
In a world of gratuitously flashy enthusiast PC cases, Antec sets itself apart by focusing on elegant design and a superb user experience. Their new SOLO case embodies these two ideals, offering a blend of style and substance as well as some thoughtful features aimed at convenience and low noise. Is this perfection in a computer case? Read on to find out…

You can read the full review here and discuss here!

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I respect that some people may really like the look of this case... but I dont.

If the entire case had been made that black glossy finish... :)

J

Josh

I LOVE IT!

A great case, with few problems. As the review said, it is kind of heavy, but thats not too bad. One problem I see potentially in the future is the airflow. I know I can install two 92mm fans in the front (im finding some right now, actually), but I forsee the need to move to more of a gamer case with a side and perhaps top fan sometime in the future. Otherwise, the setup was fairly simple, the nothing causing more trouble than getting the CPU fan clips to set in. I would certainly get this case for anyone looking for a stylish, durable case for anything but hardcore gaming.

CASE-Antec SOLO
PSU-Antec Trio 650W
MOBO-NVidia 680i SLi
CPU-Core 2 Duo E6300
GPU-BFG GeForce 7900 GT OC
RAM-Corsair 2x1024 6400
HD-WD Caviar SE16 7200RPM 250GB

U

Unregistered

I got the case, and I LOVE it in every way.
I suggest to use glasses cleaning cloth to remove stains and fingerprints. This way you won't scratch the paint and remove all greasy mark with minimum effort.

The case truly looks better then the pictures, and the blue light really adds beauty to the case.

However, this case has a flaw, which is fixable with crazy glue and a normal case screw. The power button, the black section thens to vibrate, and seams to be able to come off, and it did. The only thing that was holing is what a little tiny ultra thin hook. It gets attacked with the plastic around it that glows blue when the comp is turn on. The easy trick is to add a bit of crazy glue of the end of the button the button is in T shape, and you want to add the glue at the tail of the button.) Then With your hands clean (else you'll leave permanent glue mark on the button) insert it. Wait several second, and insert and screw a standard case screw (provided with the case). VOILA! Problem solved, and the button is very solid now.

The Reset button is bit hard to press, and you feel that you will brake it, but you won't. Beside, do you reset your comp every day? I sure never did.

One thing is not mentioned in the article is that all doors can be moved by simply opening the door and pull upward the door. And all of them are on metal hindges.
A Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB will fit nicely, but not the GTX model (not without a little cutting)

Finally, the front USB's, firewire, headphone and mic jack, are (unlike many other case, even other Antec Cases) very solid.

This case is ideal for a computer that runs 24/7 in your room or in your living room.

U

Unregistered

me again, I forgot to say, that I was surprised with all the cables I saw in the case. In my case, you have 2 HDD and 1 optical drive, sound card and I don't have any cables visible.