Antec SOLO II Mid-Tower Chassis Review

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Antec is known for making a variety of quality cases to suit different needs, with its Sonata family aiming to deliver clean styling, functionality and silence all in one. The SOLO II becomes the latest entry to that family, and in some ways, it's very different than other silent cases on the market. It's time to find out if that's a good thing.

Read through Ryan's in-depth look at Antec's SOLO II mid-tower chassis and discuss it here!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I have to say that out of all the quiet cases on the market right now, this one definitely has my attention. I am a fan of clean styling to begin with, and to me, the SOLO II hits the mark right on the head. It looks great, provides sufficient cooling and has a good enough internal design. It's just too bad the price is a tad higher than it could be.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Well, you certainly get what you pay for with the exception of fans.

If you plan on using an all-in-one liquid cooler you're set because you can move the exhaust fan, flip it and turn it into an intake. This case is classy in every aspect. The pain is flawless, the entire enclosure is rock solid...

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Great review Ryan. Antec deserves to be near the top of any system builders list.

I have to say that out of all the quiet cases on the market right now, this one definitely has my attention. I am a fan of clean styling to begin with, and to me, the SOLO II hits the mark right on the head. It looks great, provides sufficient cooling and has a good enough internal design. It's just too bad the price is a tad higher than it could be.

Don't forget the Fractal R3 ;)