Antec NSK2400 HTPC Case

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Antecs NSK2400 is worthy of your attention if you are looking for a solid HTPC case. It has an innovative thermal design and great attention to detail. This is one HTPC case that covers all the bases.

You can read the full review here and discuss it here!

U

Unregistered

Antecs NSK2400 is worthy of your attention if you are looking for a solid HTPC case. It has an innovative thermal design and great attention to detail. This is one HTPC case that covers all the bases.

You can read the full review here and discuss it here!

I purchased the Fusion and other than the fact that i have had to cut the top to fit my XFX 7950XT (fanless operation with a huge HSF), i have been more than happy with this purchase. I concur with this article and hope to see more in the high performance HTPC arena. I had problems getting a good mATX conroe boad when i built my HTPC because vendors aren't pushing the mATX performance bar.

U

Unregistered

Antec NSK2400

I built my media center PC with this case, turned out wonderful. You simply can hear it.

Specs:

Asus A8N-VM CSM with optional SPDIF header
OCZ Premier 1GB Kit
AMD Athlon 3500+ with Cool 'n' Quiet Enabled
WD Caviar SE 160GB
BenQ DVD±RW Silver Bezel (Removed from external enclosure)
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition with remote.
Leadtek PX7300 LE Passively Cooled (HDTV output)

This has proven to be a most spectacular HTPC. The only noise is makes is the HDD reading every once in a while. Other than that you have to be within 20cm to hear the fans.

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
I purchased the Fusion and other than the fact that i have had to cut the top to fit my XFX 7950XT (fanless operation with a huge HSF), i have been more than happy with this purchase. I concur with this article and hope to see more in the high performance HTPC arena. I had problems getting a good mATX conroe boad when i built my HTPC because vendors aren't pushing the mATX performance bar.

I want to see this mod. I'll bet it looks sweet.

U

Unregistered

Optical Drive Bay

The only serious problem with this case is that the beautiful exterior is marred by the color of the optical drive... nothing is every going to match the color of the case! Antec should have included a flip down door, like they do on the expensive version of this case, the Antec Fusion. Thus I am hesitant to buy this case; it would make it look unfinished...

U

Unregistered

Few thoughts

Bought this case a few days ago...Scan at about £66...and it is a great case to work on and looks the part and is very cool even under stress. Two problems whilst building this HTPC tho'.

1. The installation of the PCI(e) Cards. I had to physically help the cards through the anchor slots in the case at the base of the card. Very very tight on my case and i got the impression that the case and back plate were not accurately put together making the slot impossible to use easily.
2. As mentioned this case has a removable cover to allow for an optical drive and because of thsi the bezel of any drive is clearly visable....anyone know where i can by one with a brushed aluminuium front.. Think I'll email Antec and ask.

Maybe i should have stumped up the extra £45 for the flip down cover version with the display and volume control??? Otherwise good value for money