Antec Nine Hundred

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
While I understand the space issue, you can mount 6+ HD's in this case. I fail to see any possible reason to need that many hard drives in a single PC. I have and love this case to death, my only gripe is the CPU power cable needs to be 12"+ longer than usual to fit properly in this case. Otherwise, it has been a dream.

juGGaKNot

Obliviot
interesting ... was thinking of antec 190 with 1200 W power but this is great because of the cooling for the rig i'm thinking of :

dual hd2900 ( or 9800 ), amd quad ( or intel, still w8 4 review ), 8X500 GB HDD etc etc not 2 mention the triple 19' monitors via triple head2go digital

LATER : Zalman Reserator 2 Fanless Water Cooling looks great but i need something that can also cool 2 graphic cards ! ( any sugestions ? )

LATER 2 :

You have too many fans and hard drives don't need active cooling. It has been shown that cooling them doesn't help them in the least. Every component does not need active cooling. Even when highly overclocked, all you really need is good case airflow and active cooling on the CPU and video card. This case would be great since it is very quiet as long as you don't put extra fans in it. The fans it has are perfect for airflow, and they are pretty quiet on low. Any fans you think you need should be swapped for ultra quiet low flow fans if you gotta have them. Any way you look at it, 11 fans is atleast 5 too many.

related to first edit : a water cooling ( maybe fanless ) device for the cpu and 2 video cards and i can use any case ? ( if so then cheaper case + the water cooling is the way to go ? )

Last edited:

NicePants42

Partition Master
LATER : Zalman Reserator 2 Fanless Water Cooling looks great but i need something that can also cool 2 graphic cards ! ( any sugestions ? )
No fanless kit is going to cool two video cards and a quad. If you're thinking of buying a kit in order to water cool, don't. Use either high end air, or build your own water loop(s). Petrastechshop.com sells some pre-assembled Swiftech kits that will perform well, but you'd need AT LEAST a triple radiator to cool a quad and two GPUs with anything like decent temps.

a water cooling ( maybe fanless ) device for the cpu and 2 video cards and i can use any case ? ( if so then cheaper case + the water cooling is the way to go ? )
If you're planning on 8 HDDs, a fanless water cooling system isn't going to make your system quiet, and certainly isn't going to perform to your needs. I have no idea why you would be concerned with getting a cheap case after seeing your component list. Don't skimp on the case if you're going to water cool. There are a lot of places (including TG) where you can view water cooling projects and get a good idea of what case you'll need.

Also, why would you use 19" monitors?

NicePants42

Partition Master
There shouldn't be a problem with adding a fan controller to your case. NicePants might have more to add on this. He is a "fan" of fan controllers you could say.
Woops. Missed this one completely. Actually I pretty much hate all fan controllers currently available on the market except for the Sunbeam Rheobus. The reason for this is that most fan controllers feature fancy-shmancy screens or ten billion channels or whatever, but only support like 7W per channel, so if you run more than one fan per channel you risk burning out the whole thing - and then your fans won't run at all. This happened to me with the Scythe Kama Meter, an otherwise outstanding piece of equipment that is apparently geared toward the enthusiast who doesn't use more than 4 fans. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the only fan controller I recommend is the Sunbeam Rheobus. You can get it for as little as $12, and it handles up to 20W per channel, so you can run up to like 4 fans per channel if you want. The LEDs are too bright, but you can remove them.

I mounted one of these in the back of my current case and it's controlling 11 fans.

Last edited:

juGGaKNot

Obliviot
cheap when comparred to antec p190 1200 W that i'm thinking of now .. its about 500 - 600 $ at my local shop

http://www.shopit.ro/componente-pc/carcase/antec/p190/

right now y have a raidmax ninja that y paid ~80 $ and its realy bad ! realy realy bad ...

the new case will be max 200 $ without psu ( thats why i'm thinking of nine hundred ~150 $ local shop )

the HDD's will not be in the sistem ( only a SSD for the OS ~20-30 GB and a Western Digital WD1500AHFD )

the investment will be huge because i'm moving in to my new house next year and the budget for audio / video is 10000 - 15000 K ( a plasma or lcd tv full hd , ps3 , xbox360, philips streamium new PC etc etc )

right now i'm searching on 30 or more forums for the info and here y found the great review on the triple head2go and now y found the nine hundred topic.

Last edited:

HighVoltage

Obliviot
I'm Quite Happy With The Nine Hundred

I have the Nine Hundred case I Run a AMD 6400 + Dual Core Processor ,mounted on the M2N-SLI Deluxe , 3 gig of Kingston DDR 2 800mHz Ram ,Three Seagate Barracuda 500 Gig Drives , Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3870 & the Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatility CHAMPION (sound after all is very important ) now you know what I run I'll tell you the case I had before I could not even load windows as things warmed up Quickly , having said that , I quickly was on the market for a better case I came across the Nine Hundred & read the box I was Assured by my supplier it was the case I needed , mind you I thought fan noise would be an issue , I assure you its not I added and extra 120mm fan to the side & I too got rid of the plastic fan support inside the case , room was of no issue for me nor were usb cables My Temps are as follows

CPU 28c
MOBO 29c
HDD's 24c to 30C
Graphics Card 30C
Sound Card N/A

I'm So happy with this case as it is in a room with 4 other computers its the Quiet one my server & My wifes Computer make more Noise The Side panel I agree needs work aside from that the case has lived up to & beyond my expectations I'm no Gamer I'm an internet DJ so my HDD's are always hard at work as I stream sometimes from 8 to 16 hours , few things to look at but it keeps the inside components well with in operating temperature.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Hey Merlin was wondering wanna trade cases ?????? lol
I Built that one for my little brother in Fla.
That's his first computer, believe it or not...lol.
He even called last night for instruction on saving images to file :D

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:
at work :cool:

Karlo

Obliviot
i´ve got this case and only thing i don´t like is that big fan on the top.
i´ve got intel e8200 CPU, and after few months it has a lot of dust because the big fan throws it on it

my temperatures are
MBO- asus p5k-e- about 27 C
Graphic card- asus eah 3870-about 40 C and about 75 C when playing games such as COD 4, COH: Opposing fronts ...
CPU- Intel E8200- about 30 C

i´planning to buy another fan on the side
does anybody know how much does it costs

Last edited:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
That dust isn't from your top fan more than likely. The large fan on top blows air out of the case unless it was either installed incorrectly of the user changed it purposely. Regardless, check the rotation.

If things are as they should be, I would guess that your dust problem is from the CPU cooler installed. What is your cooler BTW?

HighVoltage

Obliviot
i´ve got intel e8200 CPU, and after few months it has a lot of dust because the big fan throws it on it

my temperatures are
Graphic card- asus eah 3870-about 40 C and about 75 C when playing games such as COD 4, COH: Opposing fronts ...

I Bought a 120mm thermaltake Fan cost like $10 Canadian or something like , for something that saves your System there reasonably cheap hope this helped you :)

Merlin

The Tech Wizard

my temperatures are

It should be blowing out, not in
And...the dust comes from your room

Karlo

Obliviot
That dust isn't from your top fan more than likely. The large fan on top blows air out of the case unless it was either installed incorrectly of the user changed it purposely. Regardless, check the rotation.

If things are as they should be, I would guess that your dust problem is from the CPU cooler installed. What is your cooler BTW?

i´ve got coller which i got with processor

It should be blowing out, not in
And...the dust comes from your room

i don´t like to clean very much so maybe that´s why i have dust on processor

Last edited:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I am guessing that the stock cooler your using is the culprit. There is nothing wrong with the cooler itself but the downward blown air deposits dust everywhere around the CPU socket. On all coolers with this design, dust is a major cosmetic problem... and a performance problem if left unchecked.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
i opened my case yesterday and cleaned all dust
it looks better now inside
You could put some filters over the intake fans.
And blow them off after a shut down to clean.