Anno 2070 Deluxe edition Steam won't play

GFreeman

Coastermaker
Today I've bought Anno 2070 Deluxe edition. I have played the Anno games of the past and am liking the strategy element of this game. So I bought it on Steam and I was quite eager to play. I fire it up via Steam and get the error message "this game won't play at the moment, try again later". So I figured I try firing up the game manually via the steamapps directory. When I do that I get the error message that the game isn't compatible with my Windows 7 64 bit installation... Are you guys encountering the same problem with this game or hasn't anyone tried yet? Don't buy this one from Steam I have to say...

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I can't believe with as long as Steam has been around, there are still launch issues like these. Valve should have perfected the art of digital game distribution by now.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I can't believe with as long as Steam has been around, there are still launch issues like these. Valve should have perfected the art of digital game distribution by now.

Unfortunately no... decrypt issues are not uncommon. There are quite a few issues with Steam that have just never been resolved.

One in particular being my friends list and IM windows lose all awareness of size and position when I close down the game. So the next time I start the same game (any game), they are condensed to an unusable size in the bottom left corner and I have to resize them all before I can use them again. I sent in a support request several months ago and Valve said it was aware of the problem, but hasn't addressed it since.