AMD Talks Performance Increases with Catalyst 11.4

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
On Wednesday, we posted a look at AMD's upcoming Catalyst 11.4 driver, and yesterday, the company sent along even more information on what to expect in terms of performance. In the same e-mail, the company reiterated a project it kicked off this past December, called Mjölnir. According to AMD, Mjölnir is a "multidimensional effort aimed at increasing performance and providing improved stability of the AMD Catalyst software."

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
Good. I had to revert back to 10.11 because all the new ones worked fine with BC2, but made gameplay horrible for any other game, specifically Black Ops and Borderlands. Heck, I can even run DX11 on Metro 2033 with 10.11 in max settings with no AA and maintain around 30 fps!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Good. I had to revert back to 10.11 because all the new ones worked fine with BC2, but made gameplay horrible for any other game, specifically Black Ops and Borderlands. Heck, I can even run DX11 on Metro 2033 with 10.11 in max settings with no AA and maintain around 30 fps!

Ever have an issue with BC2 crashing out of nowhere for seemingly no reason? Optix has been dealing with that and it's been driving him nuts. Multiple drivers, temps are fine, and even at stock speeds it can happen randomly. Be interested to know if you've ever had that happen since you use an AMD card as well.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
Had that happen twice since I've had this new computer. Well, twice randomly, and two more times due to too high of an overclock on my gpu without raising voltage :p