Almost, but no cigar

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Doom3 and F.E.A.R.? Those are the best games that they can throw at a machine that costs damn near 9 large? Laughable.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It just goes to show how much clue they don't have. It's ridiculous to take a PC that costs as much as a small car and run three-year-old games on it. In no way does that make any sense.

Not to mention that they run Doom III, a game no one plays anymore, instead of Half-Life 2, a game that's still widely played all over the place.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
With the set up below, I can play Crysis on High and one on very high....
Damn, I forgot which one but it was something to do with the effects....
I'll have to open and take a screen shoth

Merlin

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Plain ole computer

Okay, what gets me is that that system couldn't play Crysis on very high setting and yes it cost as much as a good new car.
Here is what I play at since I got the 8800GT GPU.
( I did try the auto set feature, I just bumped it up on setting a little higher )

My system is by far not as good as that one so I wonder why they couldn't play on very high

Last edited:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Okay, what gets me is that that system couldn't play Crysis on very high setting and yes it cost as much as a good new car.
Here is what I play at since I got the 8800GT GPU.
( I did try the auto set feature, I just bumped it up on setting a little higher )

My system is by far not as good as that one so I wonder why they couldn't play on very high

What resolution and what is your AA set to? I can play Crysis at 1920x1200 quite well without AA enabled with my 8800 GTS 320MB.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
What resolution and what is your AA set to? I can play Crysis at 1920x1200 quite well without AA enabled with my 8800 GTS 320MB.

Same here, no AA....I tried it and things were too dark ( 4X )

That test with the triple GPU's, they must have made a mistake in thier quote. Or else it tells us that that setup is LAME for the $$

Merlin

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Look at the CoD 4 numbers... I wouldn't call it LAME by any stretch. It's perfect for those with more money than they know what to do with.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Speaking of triple SLI, our good friends at CoolIT were showing off their tri-SLI cooler at CES a few weeks ago. It was a solid looking setup and have teamed up with PNY to deliver the coolers in a triple card bundle.