AGEIA @ Game Developers Conference

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Our very own Greg King is at this years GDC with the focus on AGEIA to see what they are up to. We hope to discover a lot within the next few days to see what they are up to, and hopefully to see when we will finally be able to get our hands on an actual card. We will keep this article updated as we gather new info.

Greg is limited to net access so he probably won't be able to read the thread until he get's back. If you want to discuss anything we have found out so far, feel free to discuss it here.

Link

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Between $200 and $250 if the original prospect stays true. Yes, that's expensive, which is why they really have to impress in order to sell them.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Well yes of course. But look at all the work a graphics card does.. A PPU card just handles physics. Really, it's like adding a very specific type of CPU into your machine. I know some people who paid less than $200 for their CPU :)

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I can't speak much of the card at this point but 200 will be a bargain for the capabilities this card can achieve. Stay tuned as there will be much more tomorrow and for the next couple of days....:techgage:

Last edited:

LOOP

Obliviot
It would be a bargain, if any games supported its functions. Be a year atleast before you see any titles get released that make use of its special abilities.

liqnit

E.M.I.
DarkSynergy said:
I can't speak much of the card at this point but 200 will be a bargain for the capabilities this card can achieve. Stay tuned as there will be much more tomorrow and for the next couple of days....:techgage:

this sounds very intresting will there be like an advanced version of a cpu and consumer version