Age of Empires online

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
So in college, and a few years afterwords, I played AoE II religiously. I have put more hours into that game than I think most other games I have played combined. I was addicted. So when I walked through the Microsoft "booth" at CES, I was floored to see that they are bringing it back in online form.

Long story short, I just got an invite to the beta program and cannot wait to start up a game. I will update you all with my reactions.

EXCITEMENT! :D

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
AOE always seemed pointless for me online...instead of trying to build up your city THEN attack...EVERY SINGLE PERSON I played against would immediately create TONS of villagers, houses, stables and barracks then just create TONS of infantry and cavalry units and send horde after horde after horde until they won or lost. Pointless to me...

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I know exactly what you are saying but personally, my best memories were playing against other people. From playing 1 foot away from a friend in college because the only way we had to network was with the IR ports on our laptops to network gaming using multiple-spliced Cat5, my best times were playing against other people.