Adobe's Online Photoshop Making Progress

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
Some six months ago, we made a post about an online version of Photoshop that Adobe was apparently working on, but since then not much has progressed. Adobe's Jack Nack has posted an update regarding a first showing at the Photoshop World convention. One thing is clear... this is not meant to be a Photoshop replacement, but that much was obvious to begin with.

What I find most interesting about the screenshot below is the small cube in the bottom, that contains a lot of Adobe's product icons. Now, it's hard to imagine that other Adobe products would also see small clones online, but it's possible. It could simply be a quick method to export the file you are working on to an Adobe program on your computer. Of course, if you have Photoshop already installed, why would you be using a feature-restricted online version? I guess the only option right now is to wait it out and see.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td> </td></tr></tbody></table>
I can't share a ton of additional detail at the moment, but here's a screenshot of the app in action. Adobe Sr. VP John Loiacono showed that it was possible to adjust an image just by rolling over the different versions shown at the top, previewing the results & then clicking the desired degree of modification. I'll post more info as it becomes available.

Source: John Nack Blog