Actiontec MegaPlug AV200 Mbps Ethernet Adapter

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Looking for an alternative solution to a wireless LAN or drilling holes in the walls for a clean wired connection? The Actiontec AV200 might be of interest, with the ability to create a network using the power sockets already in your house. As it turns out, it's effective, and incredibly easy to set up.

You can read Greg's full review here, and discuss it here!

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I'll recomend this to some of my customers.
And even send them the link to this review, if that's okay

Merlin

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Please do... and thanks!

This is simply one of those products that you can not beat as far as ease of use is concerned. It's not going to beat a run on CAT5 but its just as fast as wireless G and can be setup in under 10 minutes.

U

Unregistered

Can this be used on a xbox 360

Hi there

Great read on the set up an installation.. Would this technology work for my xbox 360 . example follows

I get this kit one goes upstair in the electrical socket ,ethernet cable to the back of my modem router.

Downstairs xbox 360 via ethernet cable to the secondry plug. the crooks of the matter is my modem router only has one ethernet port.. so i couldnt acces my pc .

If i bought say a four port ethernet modem router . pluggged pc to router and then another ethernet cable from router to mains adapter could i then access xbox live and any files specifically movies on my pc???

I would appreciate any answers.

Thanks in advance

Andy