Acronis True Image 2011

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I just picked up Acronis True Image 2011 (Rob reviewed this last year) and holy shit, it has a 71 character serial. WTF. I'm not sure it's worth it to punch that thing in. :confused:

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Are you freaking serious? 71 characters?? They don't disable the paste function.... do they?

If they did I WOULD demand a refund, good grief. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you, while people that download cracked copies won't ever even know. If their idea of software design is that flawed, I'd already distrust the program before I even got past the installation phase.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I didn't realize that Acronis even sold retail copies of its products! Sheesh. The serial code never stood out to me just because I've had to copy/paste it from an e-mail.

I agree... 71 is asinine.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Yup. 71. It was on sale for 20 dollars so I figured it was worth a try. I remembered your review Rob and how much you liked it so I reckon that I will be cursing you around the 55-60 character mark.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
OK, so they include dashes when counting the 71 characters but for those of you following along at home, this is what it looks like.

XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX

Screw you Acronis. This software better be awesome. Not even Microsoft is this crazy. True to my previous comment, you were cursed Rob. Heinously.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
No kidding, not even Windows uses a key HALF that size. As if appending more characters on the end will make it any harder to crack... again just punishes the legitimate buyers only.