Achievement whore? I've got a game for you!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
A top-down racer came out this week, Death Rally, and given that Bang Bang Racing did little to impress, I decided to give it a whirl. It's a great game (I'll be doing a quick review soon), but what might stand out the most is the amount of achievements you earn in a little amount of time. This might be changed by the time you look at it but:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/deathspawner/stats/DeathRally

50 achievements in 4 hours of gametime. And truth be told, that count was something like 45 after hour 3; there's just a lull kicking in as I'm working specifically to unlock the last vehicle in the game. It was pretty humorous, though, to just play this and every couple of races see the achievement pop-up in the corner :D

madmat

Soup Nazi
Hmmmm.... going to give it a shot. I play Creative Mobile's Drag Racing app on my phone and it's a fun game for a while then it gets repetitive.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I could never get into the Drag Racing app... it felt so dull from the get-go. Death Rally is quite a bit of fun, but also repetitive, but it keeps things interesting enough where it doesn't get too boring that quick. A normal race takes about 1 minute to complete, so you bang them out quick. Will likely finish the game off tonight.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I can't get behind steering with the keyboard and firing with my mouse. I need to break out my ancient yet strangely pristine Logitech Wingman and try it with that.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yup, I couldn't imagine playing this with the KB+mouse to be honest. It's quite fluid and fun with the X360 gamepad.

madmat

Soup Nazi
It won't run the Wingman... now I remember why it ended up in a box umpteen years ago.

Yeah, on the KB and mouse it basically blows goats. I end up last every race. Sometimes by 4 or 5 seconds, others by nearly 40. Ah well, it was worth looking into. If I ever happen across a controller that's worth a damn I may be in business.