About the 3rd birthday contest

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
You will not be disqualified for that at all... our systems wouldn't even notice the difference, since you can only use any given e-mail address once.

Ghost

Obliviot
Was just wondering if there was to be a confimation email after completing the survey?

Assume no problem using an email other than the one in my member profile? Did not want to use that one as it gets alot of traffic, and well would be maddening come the winner announcement period...everytime the new email alert sounded lol.

Am disabled on a fixed income so winning would be a, err fantastic thing as cannot afford to be on the bleeding edge transitory as that is these days. So would be heart stopping to of used my profile address...not certain my weakened constitution could take it lol.

Hope you can filter those that entered more than once via the multiple email address trick.

Thank You for having this contest, and best of luck to all who entered.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
You will only be contacted if you are the winner. There is no e-mail confirmation for the survey... rather, once the survey is submitted, the last page will tell you that it was successfully submitted.

The reason we had everyone verify their e-mail address prior to taking the survey was for that reason... to make sure an accidental e-mail address was not used.

If anyone is unsure if their survey was submitted or not, just PM me with the e-mail address you signed up under and I can go have a look.

Ghost

Obliviot
Wuh Oh, Rob,

Can't use the PM function to make sure am entered correctly, I used a different email than my forum registration, for the survey. Just wanna be sure am in the running, odds are slim and long I know, but tis the only way a disabled working man can get their hands on such a system haha.

Like the sig btw was just listening to a mix mp3 dvd with Bad Religion, Anti-Flag, Street Dogs, Billy Bragg, Atilla The Stockbroker, Dopkicks, Hudson Falcons ..&...&..... :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I guess I did make the PM function a bit difficult (it requires 10 posts to reduce PM spam). You could e-mail me at rob.williams at tg (replace at tg with the obvious).

You should stick around... we need more punk rock fans here. And yes, I love that Bad Religion song... all eight lines of it, haha. If you like Pennywise, you should check out their latest album... I haven't been able to stop listening. It's great to see classic punk bands still releasing some amazing stuff.

Ghost

Obliviot
Thanks Rob,

Makes sense the PM thing, can help keep drive Trolls away
Emailed ya 'bout the entry verification....

Now to go off topic but what da hey.....

Comandante Joe (for Joe Strummer)

by Attila The Stockbroker

I guess in quite a lot of ways I grew up just like you
A Bolshy kid who didn't think the way they told him to
You kicked over the statues, a roots rock rebel star
Who knew that punk was more than just the sound of a guitar
And I'll always remember that night at the Rainbow
When you wrote a soundtrack for my life,
Comandante Joe.

So many bands back then were like too many bands today
A bunch of blokes who made a noise with bugger all to say
The Clash were always out in front, you put the rest to shame
Your words were calls to action, your music was a flame
You were our common Dante, and you raised an inferno
And you wrote a soundtrack for my life,
Comandante Joe.

Reggae in the Palais
Midnight till six!
Rockin' Reds in Brockwell Park!
Sten guns in Knightsbridge!
Up and down the Westway
In and out the lights!
Clash City Rockers!
Know Your Rights!...........excerpt

Ghost

Obliviot
Nah I am from Chicago originally, been stuck in the hinterlands of west central wisconsin for around the last 15 years.

Only been to IN to protest oh whenever it was Duarte (El Salvador) was recieving an honaray degree from Notre Damn, sometime in the '79 to '82 time frame, oldytymers and too lazy to google atm hah. And going down south to AL/TN on the Interstate to see Mother's side of the family.

THUMper are talking the same Hudson Falcons out of New Jersey?

http://www.myspace.com/hudsonfalcons

http://members.aol.com/FalcHudson/page1.html

Last edited:
Hey rob i emailed ya about the contest because it says i should email you because you did not email me soo um ya email me plz about the contest winner or watever

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The request was to those who didn't receive their e-mail to enter the contest in the first place... not to e-mail about a winner.

The winner will be announced publicly next week.

THUMPer

Coastermaker
Nah I am from Chicago originally, been stuck in the hinterlands of west central wisconsin for around the last 15 years.

Only been to IN to protest oh whenever it was Duarte (El Salvador) was recieving an honaray degree from Notre Damn, sometime in the '79 to '82 time frame, oldytymers and too lazy to google atm hah. And going down south to AL/TN on the Interstate to see Mother's side of the family.

THUMper are talking the same Hudson Falcons out of New Jersey?

http://www.myspace.com/hudsonfalcons

http://members.aol.com/FalcHudson/page1.html

yeah. They toured through indiana a few times, and they played with my old band, and a few of my friends bands.

Me and Max go way back to the day when he played in Grendel.

Last edited: