A 3 RPM record?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Rob Williams, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Rob Williams

Rob Williams Editor-in-Chief Staff Member Moderator

Jan 12, 2005
    Atlantic Canada
    Jack White owns a record label. Said record label just celebrated its third anniversary. To mark the occasion, those who attended the celebration left with a record... but not just any record. No, this one includes 24 or so songs, and is designed to spin at just 3 RPM.

http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/view/third-man-records-three-year-anniversary-party

As no record player is designed to spin so slowly, any listening you get from this record will require manual spinning. Talk about a tedious listen!

2. Kougar

Kougar Techgage Staff Staff Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Texas
    Love that record color! I'd buy that record just to see what my father makes of it. :D

3. Tharic-Nar

Tharic-Nar Senior Editor Staff Member Moderator

Nov 25, 2009
    UK
    The Ultimate LP huh? Beat that MP3, your compression sucks in comparison! Oh wait... can fit over 320 albums on a 32GB 1 inch SD card... or if Seagate goes HAMR time, 10,000 albums on a 1 inch 1TB platter... That's several billion dollars of stolen music right there. Really, watch the video, it's awesome.

4. Rob Williams

Rob Williams Editor-in-Chief Staff Member Moderator

Jan 12, 2005
    Atlantic Canada
    I love that Rob Reid video. He puts it well.

5. krishgill

krishgill Obliviot

Jun 8, 2012
    singapore
    A 3 RPM record is discontinued and it's become a cartridge.It's a compilation of 7 records