9800gx2 performance.

Hey guys, I'm going to have my EVGA 9800GX2 this monday and will be posting my benchmarks for Crysis, COD4, Oblivion, UT3, as well as over clocking capabilities. Check back then to see results. Ask any questions you want about the card, and my system specs are in my sig.:D

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Sounds good...let us know and OC that thang FCS

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Nice little rig you got going there, it should produce some nice performance numbers.

Frame rates shouild be darn good on that 22" display..........;)

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Let us know when you start overclocking it!

I'll bring the marshmellows so we can roast them off the back vent of the card... :D

:D
Hot Dogs and buns too

Don't forget the beer :D
If I want to take advantage of this card I may have to join the Quad core 3ghz club =)

I was just reading this cards Quad SLI reviews, and alls I have to say is ouch. Most games it gains little or no performance.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I haven't read the reviews myself, but I think I pretty much saw what I needed to. I am a firm believer that to see the most from triple-SLI or Quad-SLI... you need a 2560x1600 monitor. Considering that even at 2560x1600, the performance is good all around, most people run 1920x1200... and that's almost half the required pixels to render.

When is that 3840x2400 monitor going to get here? I bet Quad-SLI would finally meet its match there ;-)

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I haven't read the reviews myself, but I think I pretty much saw what I needed to. I am a firm believer that to see the most from triple-SLI or Quad-SLI... you need a 2560x1600 monitor. Considering that even at 2560x1600, the performance is good all around, most people run 1920x1200... and that's almost half the required pixels to render.

When is that 3840x2400 monitor going to get here? I bet Quad-SLI would finally meet its match there ;-)
At my Res in that one test of Lightsmark, using only one 8800GT, I actually got better results than in SLI.
But then I think we need to look further at that benchmark program ( as Rob said )

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
At my Res in that one test of Lightsmark, using only one 8800GT, I actually got better results than in SLI.
But then I think we need to look further at that benchmark program ( as Rob said )

Lightsmark really isn't a benchmark that should be used for hard results of any kind... it just doesn't seem that accurate, SLI or not. I overclocked a GPU a fair amount and the score barely rose... it doesn't make much sense to me.

Lightsmark is cool to watch and well-designed, but I think it's a bit simplistic.

Just want to update this thread, I'm not going to be getting the 9800gx2 on monday (today) It apparently takes EVGA more than 5 days to process and ship a card..... Will have later this week if they don't slack.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Just want to update this thread, I'm not going to be getting the 9800gx2 on monday (today) It apparently takes EVGA more than 5 days to process and ship a card..... Will have later this week if they don't slack.
Sweet looking little card......
I'd be interested in any results you have after you install the card :D

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member

That's funny. I live in Canada, and I ordered my 7800 GT direct back in the day, and it arrived within five days. Of course, it carried an $80 customs fee, so I wasn't really a winner in the end.

Heres my Gaming Rig, 9800gx2 came yesterday as well. Waiting on new PSU =)

Attachments

• IMG_4580.JPG
    IMG_4580.JPG
    748.6 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_4579.jpg
    IMG_4579.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 540
Last edited: