7950 GX2

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
In regards to the release today, what does everyone think? I have to admit, I am pretty impressed how well it keeps up to dual 7900GTX's.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Impressive considering what it is. And with a sub 700 price tag, it could be a viable solution for those wanting SLI with the option of quad SLI down the road. Yeah, I know that the single GX2 is not "technically" SLI but whatever.

Listen to me........we are so overboard now. 4 GPUs? I love this industry!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Quad-SLI is more of a waste of time than a dude with tits. The GX2 is good for anyone who wants near SLi quality performance without having to buy two seperate 7900GTX's.

When two 7900GTX's can cost $500 and the GX2 costs $600... it's hard to WANT the GTX's, lol.

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Looking at the group of motherboards that are single slot PCI-e motherboard configs... being able to punch that kind of performance out of a single slot is a HUGE market that can now be reached!!!

RazorBack

E.M.I.
It's a nice idea, though I doubt it will go past the likes of Alienware in the big pre biult machines. However I do know a guy at another forum who has just ordered two of these... He wants to try SLI.

I'm happy, still running AGP here :D lol!