H20 Memory, so few options and mostly bad...

Kayden

Tech Monkey
There hasn't been a whole lot in the way of innovation when it comes to memory. Well following a AD here from Kingston, because I thought the idea was cool I decided to take a look at it.

http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/hyperx/h2o

hx_h2o_detail.png

I had two initial reactions, First: These would be more stable when overclocking a Intel CPU. Second: Barb fittings?!? I can change those to compression or an angled tubing right? Nope, sadly I have to pass.

In general I like Kingston and what the company does, I appreciate that they have at least a water cooled memory set that wouldn't void a warranty, but it wont appeal to many for the same reason(s) it didn't appeal to me. I did look at a few specialty online stores for a liquid cooling kit for memory, but they are do it yourself kits, much like video cards use to or still are.

I like warranty's even if I have to pay a little more, but I want choice with it. Kingston give me choice and I will be one of your first customers.

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
A: Watercooling ram is looks only B: Dominator ram is better to watercool (looks better and all) C: watercooled ram is expensive. Your better off spending that money on other parts, like things that actually increase performance.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
A: Watercooling ram is looks only B: Dominator ram is better to watercool (looks better and all) C: watercooled ram is expensive. Your better off spending that money on other parts, like things that actually increase performance.

I tend to agree. Even fast RAM doesn't get that hot. The WCing setup for RAM would cost twice what the RAM itself would cost.

To have a "complete" system, I think it's cool, but it's definitely expensive for no real gain (that I can see).