THE GTX 580's ARE OUT!!!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
What I find funny is that because they cost a small fortune that 10% off coupon actually makes a difference instead of most of them that save you $2 or so.

2 x 6850 = win and money in my pocket.

No thanks Nvida.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Newegg had those cards on sale about 12 hours before embargo lift. This is one launch were I don't think think an embargo made sense...more than one company broke it, and everyone almost knew everything about them leading up to it.

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
What pricing stupidity if you ask me. It makes no sense, I don't care HOW good it performs, to sell a card for this much money when your competition is selling excellent cards for 1/2 the cost. These may be good for the "I want the best no matter the cost" consumer (which is less than 5% of the whole market) but it will fall on deaf ears to everyone else that actually as a budget.

That being said, I sure hope the launch is less disappointing than the 480's since they nearly hung themselves there as well.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Nvidia = Nstupid

What a goofy launch! Only fanboys are the only ones wetting themselves over these.

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Too true and I bet the dual GPU card from AMD will murder it and maybe even the single GPU cards (well the new 69xx whatever replaces the 5870) will too.

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
That being said, I sure hope the launch is less disappointing than the 480's since they nearly hung themselves there as well.

I found it funny that as I was reading this I was listening to Gallows Pole by Led Zeppelin.:D Anyway, I don't know what they're thinking!

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
It seems they still have the "better at ALL costs no matter the cost" philosophy and with a looming second recession wave I don't see many lining up for high end stuff from either company. Atleast ATI floods the midrange market.