I lost my know-how overnight!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It just seemed odd that two would come bad, but after they are removed from the case and tested with a ps tester or a paper clip. That should eliminate all of the doubt. PC P&C is trying again, I called them and they are testing a unit before they send it to me and are also sending it out before they get the second unit back.

Nice. Hopefully the third's the charm... but still, it's hard to believe that TWO would arrive dead. Oh well, better to not ask questions I guess.

Krazy K

Partition Master
Found it.

I wanted to return the silencer for credit and and get a BFG unit but had already returned one unit to the manufacturer in hopes of saving Newegg some time and cash. Well Newegg told me they track serial numbers and since this isn't the original unit, they will not let me return it! Who's idea was it to upgrade to this? DAMN TECH REPORT AWESOME AND THROUGH REVIEWS!

Well I asked Newegg if the $4,986.32 I've spent was not good enough? I then sent them an invoice from Tiger Direct for my Cosmos that I pretty much bough on impulse out of spite.

Still no new unit from PC P&C, still waiting, don't have a case or a mobo so I have time.

But the replacement stylus that broke for my thinkpad made it to my house in 2 days with no questions or cost, too bad Lenovo doesn't make components.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I can't say that I blame NewEgg for refusing a return... if the serial number doesn't match, then it's not the unit they sold you. Why should they still be liable?

Krazy K

Partition Master
I can't say that I blame NewEgg for refusing a return... if the serial number doesn't match, then it's not the unit they sold you. Why should they still be liable?

That would be a lot of work to have one go bad and then buy another to get it replaced for free. I thought of that already but it has a 5 year warranty and this model isn't 5 years old so there would be no reason I would return it to Newegg because it's bad. Now still thinking outside the box, they never say under any of their return policies that I can't return it because the SN doesn't match, which can be found here.

I am at a loss. Even if there was a policy and if you were them, what would you do to keep my business?

Krazy K

Partition Master
Well, the newest one works. Makes me happy, but the board is still out and I think that the Dragon has finally died.

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
Oh, boy...reading this thread brought me back to a fiasco I went through with the first Antec NeoHE power supply I bought for the PC I built in Spring of 2007. When the line came out, it was plagued with problems, including refusal to boot certain ASUS motherboards. Later revisions of the power supply eventually fixed the problems, and I'm still running on the NeoHE 500W I bought to replace the bad 430W unit, but the NeoHE series never escaped the bum rap it received for the bad first run of units. Eventually, Antec gave the brand 80-plus labeling, and renamed the series "NeoPower", and the power supplies are still sold today. They're good units, and I'd recommend them.

Just out of curiosity, are there any LEDs on the motherboard that illuminate to show that the power supply is supplying standby power to the board?

Last edited:

Krazy K

Partition Master
No there weren't. I have a power supply tester and it was only showing the 5VSB and that was it. I eventually got a 3rd unit from them, which was a refurb, a bit more salt in the wound? I mean, coloring the rubbed off paint with a sharpie passes to yourself, but when you give that to a customer....
I got a 4GB Rally2 out of all this but I would have gladly forgone this whole experience and saved myself the time and frustration.