Chrome OS (version 19) Gets Tested

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Curious to know what's been going on with Chrome OS since its initial release last summer? Surprised that it still exists? Yeah, me also. For those who don't own one of the original Chromebooks, keeping up on OS progress has been a little tough unless you actively follow the official project's development site. But today, Chrome OS 19 has been released, refreshing our minds as to its existence and also to what's been improved since its first major launch.

chrome_os_19_engadget_022812.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

MacMan

Partition Master
Chrome OS looks interesting. It's novel, but it will need a lot more work to ever interest me. Besides, I don't know I can really trust Google with my personal information, and this is just one more tool at their disposal.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Chrome OS looks interesting. It's novel, but it will need a lot more work to ever interest me. Besides, I don't know I can really trust Google with my personal information, and this is just one more tool at their disposal.

As someone using android on a phone I've got to say that I agree. Google isn't the "feel good" company they pretend to be.