Attachments

• razer_megalodon_usb_headset_news.jpg
    razer_megalodon_usb_headset_news.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 3,874
Last edited:

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
http://www2.razerzone.com/Megalodon/

These babies r gonna be a one time investment! no hustle for a sound card too! all in one!

wot u guys think!!?

Well, going by the specs, I'd say they're not too bad. I do question the value of trying to get anything but stereo sound out of heaphones... If it is simply downmixing to stereo that's fine, but if it's trying to create positional audio using phase and time effects I think you will find the sound quality is severely compromised.

The microphone is one thing you should give thought to... The stated frequency response is 50 to 16,000 hz, which is what you'd expect from a studio mic. For voice you really only need the range from 150 to about 3khz to capture best intelligibility without sacrificing too much sound quality. The human voice does not produce wide range audio... the extended range of the mic might predispose it to picking up a lot of background noise.

Speakers and microphones --especially headsets-- are extremely subjective experiences.
The specs seldom tell the whole story. Ultimately the test is using them... If you're happy with them that's 90% of what matters.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I'm also curious as to how this virtual surround sound is created... because if it's virtual, then the headphones themselves would still be stereo. I'm not going to discredit anything yet... and these do look good and have some sweet features, but I'm looking forward to seeing some professional reviews for this thing pumped out.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
this will definitely be on my wish list... and if the reviews r good, than most probably on my desk! these r gonna be worth it!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Has a price even been mentioned? I can't find one listed.

Edit: Found it... $149.99. If these sound as good as they look, then that almost seems like a steal.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
yup yup, whose thine needeth $300 Psyko when thy goteth Razer!

The two might not be able to be compared... I guess we'll have to wait until some site (probably not us) takes both for a spin and can compare the two directly.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
The two might not be able to be compared... I guess we'll have to wait until some site (probably not us) takes both for a spin and can compare the two directly.

Can't Wait!! Wouldn't it be awesome if u guys got to review on of these monsters!?lol! :D

i just hope the companies don't try to do wot Brett wrote a few days ago in his article!

Edit: They r Finally available...hope u guys get 1 for review!! :D

Last edited: