Asus 25.5 monitor

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I was pleased with the Asus Eee PC 1000H, and I need another monitor so I ordered the Asus 25.5 monitor, it had good reviews all over.
Not bad for 319.xx ( rebate )

Last edited:

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Wohoo! 24" LCD available wohoo!(sorry just excited) any ideas bout Dell!!??

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-7345

edit: oh oh ROB HAS DELL TOO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tckai4dV_Q

wot u guys think?!? should i get it? its affordable and has everything i need, movies n gaming n interneting! lol!

It's a TN panel, so it's not as good spec-wise and could have ghosting issues. As long as you know it's a TN panel and are fine with it, then it's a decent panel.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
It's a TN panel, so it's not as good spec-wise and could have ghosting issues. As long as you know it's a TN panel and are fine with it, then it's a decent panel.
ah well, there be always some drawback with affordable stuff...wot u use Kougar?!?

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I use an old 2407WFP, its not even the HC model that had a better color gamut but I'm happy with it.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
ok me confused!! i have around $650 and thought i was saving em for my next build/upgrade thingy, i cant get the Dell S2409W Full HD Monitor $310

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...px?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-7345#reviews

and the
$280

SAMSUNG 2333SW High Glossy Black 23" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001314

out of my head! its kinda expensive here around but i gotta HAS IT! lol!

but then there is also the GPU issue. my 9600GT would not be able to handle 1920*1080 on the current games! i am thinking of SLI-ing another 9600GT cause i wont be able to sell my current one and i dont wanna spend all my money on 2 things..i was thinking of the GTX275 though! oh and a PSU COOLER MASTER620 WATTS MODULAR SLI READY....oh man! any ideas!?!? pls Help!:confused:

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Wow, $310 for that monitor? It was selling for $200 just a week ago... The Samsung is also a little expensive for a TFT panel. I'd say wait and bide your time until another special or pomotion comes along for a monitor.

Tough call about the GPUs, in your situation two 9600GT's might be the better bet even though I don't like dual-GPU setups much. What's your current PSU, that doesn't sound like much of a PSU upgrade.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
lol! oopsy! i am converting the amount in Rupees to $$$...it is expensive in $$$ but quite reasonable for us in Rupees cause most of this stuff is like this...

i have the Cooler Master 460W Extreme PSU. Not SLi ready nor is it >80% efficiency thingy! will have to change it and if i go 23" or 24" the 620W or 650W would be the best bet yes?! wot u recommend regarding the LCDs, GPUs n PSUs?! :confused:

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
~600W is about the range I'd recommend, yes. Corsair, PC Power & Cooling, and OCZ's GameXstream series are all brands/models I'd recommend. If you can find a really cheap 9600GT then that's probably going to be the best for your situation, but even a GTX 260 should net better performance.

I can't really recommend LCD's, I gave up trying to keep track of them beyond some of the most well known models. If those are good prices in Rupees, then there's nothing wrong with the monitors that I know of, they should be fine. I just can't tell you how good a deal it is because I obviously only know it in USD. If Dell is available I'd suggest you see how much the Dell S2408 costs to use as a comparison to other monitors.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Well...............i'll be getting this tomorrow :
SAMSUNG 2333SW High Glossy Black 23" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001314

The Dell one is still for $310!

prices dropped a little so i'll be getting it for $230, WOHOOOO!! gonna be awesome!
but my games r gonna suck now with my 9600GT!! :(

will have to play on lower resolutions with broken pixels! aaah well..
i was going for the GTX275 but the best bet would be to wait for the 40nm GPUs!!

Last edited:

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Yeah, 1920x1080 is definitely going to stress your 9600GT in some games. It shouldn't be to bad though, just turn down a few of the settings and remove most AA.... the larger the screen the less AA you need to use to get the same quality image anyway. Hope ya enjoy your new monitor! :)

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
just GOT IT!! AWESOOOME!! i'm using 1440*900 still. all games r running fine and look STUNNING on this baby on 1440*900 even!! wohoo! thank u Kougar for the helping out!:D

EDIT: something really weird happened when i plugged in the LCD...my Creative 5.1 Soundblaster audio drivers just kinda, vanished. Had to reinstall them and i cant help noticing the sound seems better... it cant be the LCD!! right?!:eek:

Last edited:

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
A problem is occurring!! when i come back from office and switch on my PC, my Mobo gives a loud BEEP and my LCD goes blank, it does not boot. BUT, when i remove my GFX card and put it back in and start the PC, it boots!!!

any ideas?!? this started the day after i plugged in my new LCD!

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Tried using the other DVI port on the card? Or hooking up your old monitor to it again to check the GPU?

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
yup i did all of that... it was not working with my older LCD either... the only thing which worked was removing the grafix card, using a smooth cloth to wipe the PCX connector of the card and hooking it back in..its working fine............. for now atleast...

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
yup i did all of that... it was not working with my older LCD either... the only thing which worked was removing the grafix card, using a smooth cloth to wipe the PCX connector of the card and hooking it back in..its working fine............. for now atleast...

A little hint for cleaning card edge connectors...

Rub the gold contacts with a pencil eraser to polish them up then wipe with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol... better than new.

Clean the female connectors (on the motherboard) with a finger nail brush or soft tooth brush dipped in alcohol... be gentle and they too will be better than new.

Most other types of connectors, including pin types, are easily cleaned by dipping them in alcohol and inserting and removing them several times.

:D Hope that helps....