Why We Need Audiophiles

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
2Tired2Tango said:
Actually the band is REAL-2-REAL... but plenty close enough.

Maybe there's more than one, but the one I saw was indeed Reel-2-Real: Wikipedia

On one hand, I appreciate that some audiophiles have such an incredible degree of hearing, but on the other, I'm kind of glad I don't. I think I'd go insane fussing over every little detail all the time!

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
Maybe there's more than one, but the one I saw was indeed Reel-2-Real: Wikipedia

I checked it too... I was wrong...

Lets see now... when's the last time THAT happened... Oh yeah, it was way back in 1977 when I suggested that computer music would never catch on... Strange how these things come back to haunt you :D :eek: :mad:

On one hand, I appreciate that some audiophiles have such an incredible degree of hearing, but on the other, I'm kind of glad I don't. I think I'd go insane fussing over every little detail all the time!

I don't know if it's that audiophiles necessarily have better hearing (mechanically) than the rest of us or if it's a matter they are simply more affected by what they do hear. I doubt they walk around in this eternally picky state where everything they hear is a source of extreme reactions... but, like you, I'm kinda glad I didn't make that cut. I've got excellent hearing (for an old fart) and that's about as far as I'd want it to go.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I'm starting to wonder if mocking reel-to-reel was a bad idea... I think I'm being haunted. First the music video, and now my iTunes' recommendation list:

Attachments

• Windows XP Professional (32-bit) @ 2009-05-14 00:10:04.png
    Windows XP Professional (32-bit) @ 2009-05-14 00:10:04.png
    127.7 KB · Views: 545