FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME!

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I currently have a Flatron w2252tq monitor which used to time out "digital power saving mode". I fixed this some how... and god help me I cannot remember how.

I am now experiencing this problem all over again. As I type this I am stuck in VGA mode (the lowest possible resolution that windows xp does). If i switch the cables over to analog then it goes into analog power saving mode. NOTHING I DO WORKS! And so far what i can even pull up and successfully read in google search doesnt help me at all.

Please... someone... for the love of god... HELP ME!

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Update...

I cannot change a single setting without it going into this power saver mode.

I cannot hit "apply" after NOT SETTING something... without it going into power saver mode.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Sounds like something is wrong with the monitor... quickest idea is to plug it into a different computer and see what it does. If it does the same thing then the monitor is probably whacked.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Cause: The cause of all of this 3was me playing with some settings trying to get a projector to run off of a second output, and when I changed a setting the monitor still worked fine while plugged in but when I unplugged it to test the other monitor (and got nothing) I replugged in this monitor. The computer then tried to send to this monitor that is wasn't an "hd" screen. and since i rebooted to try to fix the fact that i was getting no signal... It kept this setting.

Solution: 1) apparently all of the newer LG monitors have a problem with their "power saver function." And from what I was reading last night... LG doesn't give a flying **** about the people out there (and a google search on this proves there are people with this problem) with this particular problem. Any and all attempts to contact them result in a "our monitor is working fine, adjust the settings on your PC," and while this is true... You would think they would try to help people by removing the annoying feature from monitors. They havent, wont, and have made no plans on doing so.

So is all lost? I was talking to Jakal (I still talk to him even though hes never on these forums these days) and he suggested that I do a repair installation on windows... (thinking back on it, a restore might have been a better idea... but I'm not sure if it would have targeted what I needed changed to be changed.)

So after the repair install, everything was fine and dandy with viewing on the LG monitor!
And I could even plug and play the second monitor (the projector); Until I enabled SLi. Now the damn thing wont put out a signal to it at all, and when I got to change the settings to "enable" it as a monitor it wont stay enables past hitting the apply (and no signal really ever went to it to begin with.) This has to do with the fact that while in "sli" mode it doesn't like to give out a signal to anything registered as a "tv" I'm guessing... which leaves me with really one option, if it exists... to install a driver for a projector?

Sorry for for the long post. Bottom line... STAY AWAY FROM LG if you're doing anything fancy with a monitor setup I suppose... And can anyone give me helps with my projector set up now?

EDIT UPDATE:

Taking my cards out of SLi produces a "Digital power saving mode" CLUSTER**** again, but only until I restarted it. Once restarted, It worked just fine, and once again it recognized the projector...

LG is still a piece of shit... nvidia drivers for SLi seems to be flawed when i comes ot multiple monitors.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I have three monitors connected in the back
Looking at the rear of the case:
Upper left ...main monitor Acer 24" LCD
Upper right.......42" plasma
Lower left .....VGA adapter going to a Viewsonic 19 CRT
Lower right...not connected.
All setup in Nvidia control panel on Vista Ult 32 bit

No problems with latest driver at Nvidia

Merlin

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Merlin, it is because he is running SLI.

Guys, don't forget this little bit of info:

How many monitors are supported when running in SLI mode?

When in multi-GPU mode, SLI currently supports one monitor. When in single-GPU mode, users have the ability to use all of the connectors on their GPUs to connect to monitors using NVIDIA® nView® multi-display technology and Windows built-in multiple display support.

If you want multiple monitor support wait for the 180 drivers, although they still have lots of problems and caveats form what I heard.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Merlin, it is because he is running SLI.

Guys, don't forget this little bit of info:

If you want multiple monitor support wait for the 180 drivers, although they still have lots of problems and caveats form what I heard.

OMG, thats right.......what was I thinking
( poor ole Merlin, the mind is the first to go )

Merlin

madstork91

The One, The Only...
The good news is that soon you wont know you ever had it. (alzheimer's)

wel then... this SLi thing sucks for anything but gaming. ... need a physx card.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Things are sorted out overall though, right? Just not with SLI? SLI has always been unreliable with dual monitors, but their 180.00 driver is out in beta if you wanted to give it a try.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I have to redo the color setting every time enable or disable that monitor.

another pain in the ass.

I would like to give the driver a try. But if something went wrong, going back might be a pain with the LG monitor.