Logitech Harmony One Advanced Universal Remote

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Logitech's Harmony division have put a lot of of effort into the One, so we put it to the test to see if it all paid off. In addition to the comfortable design and individually contoured buttons, the One features a large LCD screen, support for over 5,000 brands, a stylish charger and a respectable price tag.

You can read Matt's full review here and discuss it here!

After using one of these at CES... I know once I have a "cool" setup to be worthy, I will definitely be picking one of these up.

U

Unregistered

What about RF remote support like the 895?

I've not seen mention of RF remote support like my 895 which I love as it means the remote doesn't need to be continually pointed at the devices while they are all being switched on? Handy if they some are in different places.

If it doesn't support them, then to me this a big backward step :-(

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I remember talking to them about this at CES... but I can't remember what the answer was. I think for some reason, the RF functionality was taken out, in order to leave it in tact on the even bigger Harmony models. I am not positive though, and will e-mail them shortly to see what the story is.

ikjadoon

Obliviot
How can I check if the remote will work with my TV? I have a notoriously off-brand TV, Mintek. I have searched high and low looking for the remote code, which cannot be found to this date.

You mentioned something about the remote picking up codes or something like that? How it could be used with any device? Can you expand a bit more on that?

Thanks!

~Ibrahim~

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Harmony constantly updates their databases, so I'd be surprised if that brand was not supported, despite being rare. I'll get in touch with Logitech to find an answer for that as well... I am not sure if they have some online public database or not.

Harmony constantly updates their databases, so I'd be surprised if that brand was not supported, despite being rare. I'll get in touch with Logitech to find an answer for that as well... I am not sure if they have some online public database or not.
They used to, but I'm not sure if it can still be accessed now. It should work one way or another though.

You mentioned something about the remote picking up codes or something like that? How it could be used with any device? Can you expand a bit more on that?
The remote is capable of "learning". There is another IR receiver in the back of the remote. When signals are not recognized, the software will walk you through a process of teaching the commands. You point the remote toward the rear of the One, press a button, and the One will pick it up. It's a pretty painless process.

I've not seen mention of RF remote support like my 895 which I love as it means the remote doesn't need to be continually pointed at the devices while they are all being switched on? Handy if they some are in different places.

If it doesn't support them, then to me this a big backward step :-(
Unfortunately the remote is IR only, so no Bluetooth or RF support here.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I " Click" my remote and Kate Bekinsale was there.
The only true Universal remote
I watch too much TV

Merlin

PS....Kate says hi