CoolIt Freezone cooler

NicePants42

Partition Master
For $350, my opinion is that you can do better.

I'm especially skeptical of a TEC water chiller that doesn't use any insulation, yet doesn't seem to have the 'brains' to keep temperatures at or above ambient - maybe Greg's room really was at 13C (in November), or maybe he has dryers installed in a central air system, but condensation wasn't mentioned in the review. The fact that he hasn't mentioned his CPU getting fried is a good sign, I guess.

It's all about what you want to spend your money on. If you care about high performance WITH low noise, the ability to cool more than just your CPU and are willing to do the assembly yourself, then I'd say water is the winner for $350.

If you want a no-hassle installation and don't care about noise or cooling your GPU, then the Freezone looks nice.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Great point Pants.

The best performance of the Freezone was at high settings. This was when the TEC was working the hardest and to help cool and the fan was spinning it's fastest as well. For me, while I enjoy water once it's setup, I hate the hassle of the setup process. It literally took my about 15 minutes to install the thing. Also, CoolIT has a new peice coming out. It's like a control center that attempts to predict the temps based on a number of system parameters. This is an easy way to control not only temps, but noise. There will be more of this to come from us but I can't get into details right now.

Check this out for a bit more info... LINK.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Installed Freezone (before temps)

I took out the Zalmon ( poor baby didn't want to go )
Installed the Freezone cooler
One thing I had to mod was the hold down clips for AND CPU
The clips that came with it would not conform to the layout.

Here were the temps before install and after

Last edited:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
System Stability Test

I ran a 20 minute system test to see how the Freezone was doing.
It got up to 123*F and stabilized.

I'm posting this to see how it campares to others

Merlin

Last edited:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Recieved new Freezone from RMA

On the other unit I was getting good temps, but come to find out I should have had better. I emailed CoolIt and inquired about what the temps should be, Sean and I exchnaged info and he decided that it wasn't cooling at what it should and sent a RMA number.
I shipped it out to Ca and they returned a much beefier looking unit, I may have purchased an older model, ( what I think ).
Now cooling is down to 32 - 35 C at idle.
Under full load using the Everest CPU stress test at 100% the temps stable off at 44 C to 45C...not bad and what I was looking for.
The guys at CoolIt are great, they really are concerned about their product and want to help in any way.
I like a company like that, there are so few of those left around.

Merlin
I am not affilliated with them at all, just happy with my product ( Freezone CPU Chiller )

Doctor_Death

Obliviot
Yeah i own their Elite and theior 12TEC Boreas. In fact i did the very 1st review of the Elite close to 6 months ago for nordic hardware. That review was done on a pre-production Elite and i am still using it on a QX9650@ 4GHz and never had a problem. Same goes for the 12TEC Boreas. I was the 2nd reviewer to get one which came in a TJ-07. I have since moved it to a Lian Li P80 after modding the case so it would fit. You can find the Elite at www.crazypc.com for $369 which includes the MTEC control center and module.

Doctor_Death

Obliviot
For $350, my opinion is that you can do better.

I'm especially skeptical of a TEC water chiller that doesn't use any insulation, yet doesn't seem to have the 'brains' to keep temperatures at or above ambient - maybe Greg's room really was at 13C (in November), or maybe he has dryers installed in a central air system, but condensation wasn't mentioned in the review. The fact that he hasn't mentioned his CPU getting fried is a good sign, I guess.

It's all about what you want to spend your money on. If you care about high performance WITH low noise, the ability to cool more than just your CPU and are willing to do the assembly yourself, then I'd say water is the winner for $350.

If you want a no-hassle installation and don't care about noise or cooling your GPU, then the Freezone looks nice.

Well i can just about here mine run, and it keeps my QX9650@4GHz @30c idle and 36c underload. My 12tec Boreas keeps another QX9650 also @4Ghz 26c-28c idle and 32c underload. Both of these rigs run 14-16 hours a day and i have never had a single problem. Like i said in my other post, you can buy the Elite for $369 at www.crazypc.com buy the way, both units TECs are insulated.

nathan3011

Obliviot
Yeah i tihnk that Public Liability is a very good one but in my opinion there are others that are just as good out there but the prices are the things that will really decide which is the best for u because as is so often the case you do pay for what you get!!

But good luck with them anyway :)

Last edited:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Yeah i tihnk that it is a very good one but in my opinion there are others that are just as good out there but the prices are the things that will really decide which is the best for u because as is so often the case you do pay for what you get!!

But good luck with them anyway :)
We are talking about sub cooling here, not water cooling. You can pay a lot more on a water system and not get cooler temps at peak load. So, there is no luck to it.