Asus bringing water to chipset cooling?

NicePants42

Partition Master
Asus had an interesting cooling system at Computex.

These days, either the mobo comes with an 'optional' 40mm fan (gee, that's great.. :( ) or you're told to supply your own additional cooling in order to keep those OC'ed temps down. OR, you could simply remove the NB heatsink and water cool it - except that all the 'sinks are connected by heatpipes now, so the whole thing's gotta go! Better buy a few extra waterblocks, Mr. water cooling enthusiast person, or pray to Boreas that your Vregs don't fry! Have fun! :p

[sarcasm]
Wait a minute, Asus now wants to give us the option of simply attaching an external water loop in one place, and using the (otherwise shelved) heatpipes to leverage the cooling power across the entire chipset and Vregs?! I won't have to find a place to store that tangled mess of copper and that screaming 40mm fan? They must be crazy! Everyone knows that heatpipes and water cooling cannot possibly work together!
[/sarcasm]

...er, why didn't they do this sooner? :confused:

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Do you have pictures or links of this? I think it would be smart on ASUS part if they made this a reality, as long as they include the appropriate block.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
How in the hell could I completely overlook that link? I need to change the colors of those, geez.