ZipZoomFly is no more

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I haven't been keeping up on e-tailers lately, but I was a little surprised to see that ZipZoomFly is no longer in business.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/

The website just shows that it's under maintenance, but reading into things further, there seems to be a lot of people who purchased products from the site with unfulfilled promises of a rebate.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ZipZoomFly

I'm a little surprised at this. I used to know lots of people that purchased most of their PC stuffs from ZZF.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
ZZF has been like this for well over a year now.

They are refusing to officially shut down, but it's been apparent as early as two years ago that they were on thin ice. I no longer have anything to do with them simply because even if they did put a site back up, it's a risk to shop at any e-tailer that could close up on a moments notice. ZZF has always had complaints about rebates, even as far back as 3 years ago. I never had a bad order from them though while they lasted, personally.

It's a shame really, for a time they had deals that rivaled Newegg and I had both sites in my shortcut bar. If anyone remembers ClubIT.com, they were as good as ZZF too... but they went out of business around 2008. Now ZZF has followed suit. Newegg has pretty much become the one-stop shop for online tech, now it's just Newegg, Amazon, and some specialty-oriented small shops that seem to get my business anymore.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Agreed Kougar, they did have some awesome deals that Newegg didn't have. I am sad to see them go though, I always considered them in getting my PC parts.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
How upsetting. I built my first computer with parts purchased from ZZF. I used to use a site called Pricewatch.com to get the best deals and more often than not, it linked me to ZZF. I have since used Newegg for EVERYTHING but this news still makes me sad.

I miss my Soyo motherboard.