Zelda Gamers Earned $1,150 for Child's Play

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
Growing up, I played a lot of games, including Zelda for the NES straight through to Ocarina of Time. But, I never thought to use my addiction for some good, like these folks did. The premise is simple: Play through four Zelda games in a 48-hour period while raising money for charity.

The run is now over and the charity of choice was Child's Play, one that donates toys to children in hospitals, all donated by you. It's a great cause and one that earns itself a lot of well-deserved popularity. During a press event last week, Will Smith, of Maximum PC, won a PC-building contest which resulted in a $10,000 donation to his favorite charity. That charity, of course, being Child's Play.

You can read the entire run-down of how things went on the official blog. When all said and done, $1,150 was raised over the course of the weekend - a great result considering it was all gained from PLAYING GAMES.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
zelda_fourgamesfortyeighthours_011408.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>
But this weekend wasn't about us, the e-mails, or even the sweet limericks. Instead, it was about how a love for something as simple as a couple of video games can pull together the masses and raise over $1150 to help a bunch of kids through a kickass charity such as Child's Play.

Source: Cameron Banga, Via: Kotaku