YouTube launches a 9/11 channel

GFreeman

Coastermaker
That was a terrible event. It makes you feel sad things like that happen in this world. But yes there's still alot of good thing happening too that don't hit the news. Actually I am not kidding my sisters birthday is on that day. I remember she felt put down having her birthday when we watched the telly that day.. I've read the are rebuilding groud zero as well. I find that rather brave. My thoughts are with you Americans.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
One of my uncles, John Picarello, got caught in that mess. He was (retired now) a NYC fireman and he was one of the ones that went into the hotel in between the towers when the first one came crashing down on top of them. He was only 3 feet away from the crash zone of the first tower. He made it out and down the street and sat behind a pickup truck to catch his breath when the second one came down. Thankfully he was alright, with only some breathing problems for the next couple weeks from smoke inhalation. He's also the pastor of a church on Staten Island. Here's his interview with CBN about 9/11:

http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspx?s=/vod/SUE74_JohnPicarello_091107

Also, I just want to say for those who watch this that aren't Christian, please don't belittle or bash this video or my uncle because of it. I myself am one, and I encounter a lot of hatred on the internet because of it...but I don't attack others because of their beliefs. Everyone is entitled to believe what they want to, and I respect that.

Last edited:

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
One of my uncles, John Picarello, got caught in that mess. He was (retired now) a NYC fireman and he was one of the ones that went into the hotel in between the towers when the first one came crashing down on top of them. He was only 3 feet away from the crash zone of the first tower. He made it out and down the street and sat behind a pickup truck to catch his breath when the second one came down. Thankfully he was alright, with only some breathing problems for the next couple weeks from smoke inhalation. He's also the pastor of a church on Staten Island. Here's his interview with CBN about 9/11:

http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspx?s=/vod/SUE74_JohnPicarello_091107

Wow, that's just incredible. Thanks for sharing that video. :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
One of my uncles, John Picarello, got caught in that mess.

As someone who is very non-religious, I couldn't watch the entirety of the video, but I am in awe of what your uncle had to endure, along with the many other rescue workers, and well, anyone in that general area on that day. It's unfathomable to even picture being in a situation like that, literally three feet from death, and coming through it relatively unscathed (physically).

Your uncle is to be commended. It takes a special person to go through what he did and talk about it later on in such a calm manner.