YouTube issues with Chrome?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I am having a problem with YouTube and Chrome, which is odd since both are Google products. In Chrome, the videos I watch will never buffer. I even had one sit for 3 full minutes, and there was no progress at all. With Internet Explorer, all is well. The videos start buffering right from the get-go.

Anyone else experience this?

:confused:

marfig

No ROM battery
Not really, Rob.

The things that occurs to me is for you to clean your cache. And if that doesn't work, your cookies next. Chrome allows you to choose from when you wish to delete these (Chrome Wrench burron -> Options -> Under the Hood tab -> Clear Browing Data button). Perhaps try to clean both cache and cookies for the past day or week.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
You're right... heh. It was indeed a cache issue. I have no idea why I didn't think to do that, since it's usually one of the first things I do. Just never had a cache affect me quite like that before.

Thanks, man!

marfig

No ROM battery
I have no idea why I didn't think to do that, since it's usually one of the first things I do.

Oh. That happened because you are a newb.

Thanks, man!

Seriously. No worries. :)
Try as I might, I will often forget myself about the cache when having browser issues. The funny thing is that's usually the first thing coming to your mind when you hear about someone else's problem. It's just weird, hehe.