You guys were right.

leecho7

Partition Master
Well you guys were right. I recall somebody saying that they were gonna make a hardcore overclocker out of me. Well just the other day I reached 2.8 gigs completely stable after a 10hour prime95 torture test.

Now I am testing the stability @ 3gigs with my AMD Athlon64 3700+.
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=107266

This is all with air cooling too. Gonna run a couple of benchmarks and see if that passes.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Haha, 2.8GHz on air is a great achievement! I am running my Venice at 2.8GHz on water, although anything higher is very unstable.

leecho7

Partition Master
I have my swiftech water cooling kit sitting in my room now, but I'm too scared to assemble it right now. Well ok, I'm more lazy than scared.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I hear you there. I just hooked mine back up today after being on a passive cooler for two weeks.

madmat

Soup Nazi
If you need any tips or help Leecho PM me and I'll give you my ph # and you can call for assistance.

leecho7

Partition Master
Ok, I can't keep the system stable @ 3gigs unless I up the voltage to 1.8, but with that voltage with my air cooler, it runs at 52c idle. I want to keep my load temps below 52c.

I'm happy with 2.8. Once I get the water coolin set up, hopefully I can run it at 3 gigs.

Thanks for the help, but I think I should be able to hook this up myself. All I have to do is hook up the decapitator modulator doohickey to that thing that does that stuff so that other thing can do it's stuff and whatever and I'm good to go.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Holy fark, 1.8V? I hope you are kidding.

Get that water shit up, then you will be rolling. Take Matt up on his offer, he knows what he's talking about.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Yeah, 1.8v is a bit nuts. Come to think about it, so is 53*C on an AMD proc. I would bench at that speed but not 24/7 speeds.

leecho7

Partition Master
Well, i have to set the CPU VID control to like 1.35 and the CPU VID special control to 133% or some nonsense. If I'm doing this right, according the DFI-Street, 1.35x1.33= 1.7955 or some sort.