XBMC 11.0 'Eden' Released

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Popular media center software XBMC has just seen the release of a major new version, 11.0 "Eden". There are a ton of added features and updates here, so I'm going to steal a paragraph from the official release which sums it up nice:

"XBMC 11.0 Milestones include Addon Rollbacks, vast improvements in Confluence (the default skin), massive speed increases via features like Dirty-region rendering and the new JPEG decoder, a simpler, better library, movie set scraping, additional protocol handling, better networking support, better handling of unencrypted BluRay content and structures, adjustable display refresh rate in OSX (to match the already available feature in Windows and Linux), AirPlay support, an upgraded weather service with geoip lookup, and much, much more. Check out the highlights in the summarized changelog."

xbmc_eden_032212.jpg

Read through the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I admittedly have not used XBMC much past installing it and thinking it looked pretty. Boxee on an HTPC is absolutely wonderful but Eden looks good. I've been playing around with the beta but now that it's out in the wild, I'm kind of excited to poke around for a bit.